Friday, August 7, 2009

My Classroom!

I've been working in my classroom this week, getting ready for school to start! Mom came on Monday and helped me, and Andy came by today to help me hang hardware for my palettes!
Apparently this drawing is necessary. :/
The palettes that Andy hung! Now more organized, and way more counter space! :)
Front table and demo table
One of the pages in my sketchbook. Not done yet, but pretty well started!
My sketchbook cover! I LOVE it! :D Is is so bad that I secretly love all the neon colors, and fun junior high stuff?!
Behind my desk.
My desk! (Did I really need this caption?)
Right behind the projector screen. Mom was totally awesome, and turned some of my artwork into posters! The paint brush one above my desk is from last year, and the one on the cabinet is from this year!
Meet Bernice. She's lovely. She also really likes the gold helmet. Mom found her at Hobby Lobby (where i find all of my most quirkiest stuff!) for only $7! Andy suggested the name Antonia, and I can't decide. I love naming things! :D
As you can probably tell, Mom is a huge help in putting my room together. She doesn't have to do it, she just likes to come and help. I know how she feels. It's super fun to put all the stuff up, and I'm glad she's there! Well, last year she drew a gorgeous picture on my white board just for fun. I kept it up ALL year, though! The custodian even said she'd NEVER erase it because it was just so pretty! So, here is this year's picture!
It's sort of hard to see, but above the closet is the other poster Mom made. It's a picture of a cloud that looks like a fish!!!! Ironically, I use this as an example in one of my projects, verbally, but now I have a visual!
My room from walking through the door.
Kendall's Birthday was yesterday, and they came to visit me in my room. We celebrated with cupcakes and chocolate milk! Perfect!
I love having my room, especially now that I have giganto windows! I just want it to be a fun, creative space for the kids, but a place that I enjoy too. It's all about enjoying what you do everyday, and I think my room helps with that.

6 comments:

Amber said...

You're room is so awesome. Our art room in high school looked nothing like that! I love it! Good job!

mom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your room this year! Maybe it was because it was easy to assemble or maybe it was because I did not staple or glue any of my body parts together in the process...but it looks fabulously fun and open and joyful!! I pray that these students become quickly aware of the grand opportunity they have from learning from such an ethusiastic and talented art teacher who desires to teach them to look at the world with eyes of love and creativeness. Great Job Kelly. And and the palet hangings that you and Andy did together are wonderful! Thanks for sharing on your blog...it was a joyful way to begin my day! God Bless, Love, mom P.S. I LOVE helping you and thank you for allowing me to do so...it is a great joy and memory which I look forward to! P.S.S. Also...and early Happy Birthday shout out to you!!!!!!!!!! oxoxox

Annikke said...

I want to come to your classroom! It looks like such a great place to let the creative juices flow!!!

Mother Hood said...

Looks GREAT! You're all set. You just need a class of crazy kids to mess it all up!

abby said...

really cool room! I would love to have you as a art teacher.;)

Kelley said...

It looks great! I would love to have such a fun place as my office!