One of my Birthday gifts this year was a Cosmetic Makeover from my Grandparents! I was thrilled because I was almost out of a lot of supplies, and Clinique can be a bit expensive if I have to buy all at once.
Grandpa hooked me up with Grandma's makeup stylist, Crystal, who gave me a fabulous makeover. She picked eyeshadows that made my eyes pop, persuaded me to see the positives of wearing foundation under my powder, and even convinced me to use eyebrow pencil!
It was great fun, and I got beautiful new makeup products! I've been pleased that I've wore all of it everyday, including the eyebrows and foundation- which I was hesitant on, and feel much better about myself deep down inside :)
I was struggling with a head cold/allergies earlier this week, causing puffiness of the face, despite my fabulous new consealer. I also tried out my Curly Ponytail, which is a staple when my hair is long enough. Monday, the kids were quickly vocal about my change of look. These were a few of the comments I heard:
"Mrs. Smith, are you OK? Mrs. Smith, are you tired? Mrs. Smith, you don't look like you feel good."
Please note that these comments were made the moment I walked in the door. When I asked why they were asking me these things, these were their responses:
"Your eyes look puffy. Your face looks weird. Your hair is in a ponytail."
LOL I loved the last one! I was reminded of how silly the kids can be anytime you change anything about yourself. Well, the curly ponytail came back today. This time, though, I only encountered one comment:
"Oh my gosh, Mrs. Smith, you look TERRIBLE!!!"
I stopped in my tracks and asked the girl why she said that. She responded:
"...oh, are you still sick?"
"No."
"...oh, your nose looks red."
!!!!!!!!!! LOL, I guess I need some nose consealer!
No comments:
Post a Comment