This week is our Spring Break! I've been looking forward to this week for so long!!! We planned to do as much baby work as we could, so as to avoid a very pregnant Kel having to do a lot of work in the very hot heat of summer. Success!!! The nursery is completely empty and ready to be fancied! :D
Monday, Mom and Dad went with Andy and I to the south side to visit an alternative to Babies R Us, buy buy Baby!
This. Place. Rocks!!!
Who knew that there could be something so much better than Babies R Us?! But there is!!! It is literally the Bed Bath and Beyond of all things baby! Dad and Andy did a good job of guiding mom and I to the stroller section, our only real purpose for going :) We were in awe of the floor to ceiling display of the most beautiful, fascinating, wonderful baby stuff!!! ...all of which we felt we must have, of course! ;)
I'd like to take a moment to step aside and mention how much I am into all of the baby "stuff" at the moment! I am just so excited to think of all of the things that we will need to take care of Tucker, and with registering almost within reach, I am just a sponge for all baby info!!!!
As I mentioned before, we went to research and purchase our travel system. And by we, I mean my parents. They gifted us our stroller, high chair, and changing table, which we are still picking out!!!Ironically, we ended up purchasing our stroller from Babies R Us. :) We knew we wanted a Chicco, but Buy Buy Baby didn't have the color I wanted. Babies R Us did, it just didn't come as the "system." We bought the carseat and stroller separate, but it's awesome!!!!
By the time we bought this, we had spent about 2 hours in both Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us, and completely forgot to take a picture with the real stroller!!! Don't the boxes look great, though?! ;) We went with Chicco, Extreme and this is what it looks like!

I really liked the orange and grey, and was glad I didn't have to settle for a color that was only "OK."
By the time we bought this, we had spent about 2 hours in both Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us, and completely forgot to take a picture with the real stroller!!! Don't the boxes look great, though?! ;) We went with Chicco, Extreme and this is what it looks like!
I really liked the orange and grey, and was glad I didn't have to settle for a color that was only "OK."After a delicious lunch at Johnny Carinos, we went back to Buy Buy Baby and got our high chair!!! This thing will hold up to 40 lbs, raises and lowers, leans back and forwards, and has 3 trays. I think it will suffice :)
Well, these people were made very happy...
by these people!
Ok, now get your thinking caps on because in the next day or so I will be soliciting your advice for things to register!
Well, these people were made very happy...
by these people!
Ok, now get your thinking caps on because in the next day or so I will be soliciting your advice for things to register!
5 comments:
Love the stuff!
We totally had the same Chicco travel system for RJ. The same color and everything (b/c we thought RJ was a boy) anyway we LOOOVED it! Good choice!
That's so funny that you got the orange stuff. I wanted the orange but couldn't find the combo so we settled (but only a little) on the discovery. And we really like it. My convincing strategy was that if we have a girl next time it'll go for her easier. But I LOVE the orange and am slightly jealous. haha. Congrats on your Tucker! I think it's fun that both our boys will be Tuckers...we have great taste!
Fun times shopping for baby!!
yeah! I'm so glad you found the system you liked!
You guys will be excellent parents! I can't wait to meet Mr. Tucker!
Post a Comment