Today at VBS, we painted with Q-tips. I'm wise to these preschoolers, and figured that if I gave them any larger of a paintbrush, they'd be done in 5 seconds. I was right :)
Our them for our project was to make a special picture for Jesus, based on John 17:21 (I think), "I love you, Jesus." They painted a colorful picture, and then attached hearts and stickers as a finishing touch. My heart was drawn to all of the little "abstract" paintings created by these little hands, and wanted to keep them all! I'm sure their mom's would have missed the fridge wall paper, though.
At the end of the very last class, a boy stuck around until everyone had left. He asked if he could have another sticker, as I had given him a few extra earlier because, well, let's face it, I'm a softie for those little faces. Again, I caved.
I brought him to the stickers and told him that he could pick out two, to which he replied, "I'll take these whole sheets" (in a soft, angelic voice, I might add!).
Now, here's where my junior high teacher self stepped in. With a laugh, I responded, "No, you may choose 2 stickers, not two pages." I stood my ground...against a 4 year old. I was pleased. Then he hit me with, "Well, can I have 3 then?"
Oh, goodness! I gave him a sly glance implying that he was quite the barter, of which he did not understand because he's 4, and let him have his 3rd sticker.
Whew! Those preschoolers really keep me on my toes!!!
*On a side note, you MUST read Ann's post about my most favorite part of letter writing- SPECIAL PAPER!!!! Be sure to link to you favorite papers! :)
2 comments:
awe I would have let him have three too lol :) they are so sweet at that age
Softy!! Man, that boy took advantage! Where do they learn these things? The key is to use the soft angelic voice...if they come loud and demanding it's easier to say no...this boy knows what he'd doing.
Post a Comment