Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We're baaaaack!

We just got in late last night from our Chicago weekend to see our Sketchbooks!!! Read all about it here!

Unfortunately, our trip took a bit of an unexpected turn when we found out that my Grandmother had passed away. The guys met us up in Chicago, and we all headed up to Wisconsin, where my Dad is from. It was unfortunate circumstances to be meeting under, but I always loving seeing my Aunt, Uncle, and Cousin.

We spend time in my grandparents home, where my dad and uncle grew up, and it was neat to feel the memories that were there. I've only been there a few times, but I. love. that. house.

My dad stayed an extra day to go over some things with Mike, so Mom, Andy, Tucker and I headed home yesterday. We had an extremely hot experience at Ikea and shopped at the mall a bit on the way home!

In other news, Tucker is 11 months old today!!!! (I know, I know, I've been slacking off on those pictures, but I'll see if I can get him to pose tomorrow). In 1 month we will be celebrating his 1st birthday!!!! ahhhhh, crazy! His party plans are in the works, and I'm so excited about everything we have planned!!!

What did you do for your kid's first birthday?!

5 comments:

{Mum&Roo} said...

Random thoughts...

What part of Wisconsin? I'm in Northeast Wisconsin... it's been ridiculously hot here the past week... like heat index of 120.

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma. :(

Can't wait to see pics of Mr. Almost One.

Kendall said...

Welcome home!! We are looking forward to seeing you soon! Mom showed me all the pics from Chicago and your new gift...that matches your glasses...that made me super jealous!!! I loved the stories and wished so much I could have been there just to watch yalls excitement!! Congrats on your accomplishment of finishing your book and sending it in!! I am going to use 2012 to practice and get ideas and then jump in and start one in 2013!! (I just don't think i will have the time to dedicate to it with Pax being this age so i'm going to wait till he is older) love you and welcome back!

Erin said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. Glad you and your Mom had a nice trip together!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma. Glad your trip went well and I can't believe Tucker is almost one.

{Mum&Roo} said...

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog - sometimes I forget I'm logged in as that instead of Elizabeth, so it was a surprise. :)

I'm super curious about Tucker's birthday... my little guy will be one in September and I'm totally planning on swiping some ideas. :)