Today was the first day of VBS!!! Thankfully, despite my procrastination with planning and inexperience with preschoolers, the project worked out beautifully!!!
The verse we focused on was "Jesus helped people and he loved them." Matthew 14:14. The children made a mosaic of a downtown city scape and seemed elated to glue paper to paper :D Here are a few of the things I heard today:
"I'm going to live in this building because it's the biggest."
"If my room didn't have windows I would go to my friend's house to get some lights"
"I help my mom whenever she says, 'uuuuhhhh, I need help.'"
"My dad said I can only help my family. If I help someone else, I feel like I would have to tell my dad a lie."
"I help the people in my neighborhood by giving them food, but I don't give my brother food."
"Oh, I know why my glue stick isn't working! I didn't take off the lid!!!"
"Keagan and I are going to have hot dog hats!!!"
From the mouths of babes :)
1 comment:
Love it!! If you get stuck for a craft or a time-filler, we strung apple jacks on string to make necklaces. It was craft & snack and worked well for the little ones :)
Post a Comment