Monday, December 8, 2008

Belle's Brunch

Saturday was one of my favorite events of the Christmas season! Our women's group at church does this fabulous brunch every year where woman in the church can choose to host a table. They can then decorate the table however they like! Many woman bring in their china, favorite decorations, and fun stuff! We then invite woman outside the church to come and share in the festivities of the brunch! This was my second year decorating with mom. The theme was peace!
Mom and I made the wreathes that I posted about earlier, and the woman at our table took them home as favors!
Mom brought Grandma's milkstone plates and pitchers, and I brought my most fav green caserole dishes!
My wonderful husband was our waiter! That's the other thing, the men come and serve US! :D For those of you who know my husband, you know what a warm, loving, caring teddy bear he is. He turned on the charm for us, and tended to our every need and whim, including tracking down some hot chocolate for our jittering little bodies! Not only is he handsome, but he is such a wonderful servant!


Here we are, the hostesses!


And here we all are. You can see in the background how many people participate, and not everyone was even in the picture!!!


Stay tuned! I tried a new craft tonight, and plan to post pictures tomorrow...hopefully! :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like alot of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Krafty Kel! What's on the agenda for tonight? Is it a christmascy craft? I speck I will hear about the details in the early a.m. of Tuesday morn. :D
I'm a bit punchy. After we last spoke I cleaned the entire first level and mopped the hard woods on my hands and knees... still need to clean...but to pooped to do so. Oh, and dad brought the belles brunch stuff in from the car and I finally got it all washed and put away...now...on to the christmas decorations...do we REALLY need a tree? Love, mom oxox

Erin said...

Sounds like a nice time with your family---fun tradition! :)

Anonymous said...

OR he could use his winnings to gift someone for christmas who hasn't already been blessed with some of mom's pieces :)

Sara Laverty said...

how great! i had already seen the pics but loved hearing your commentary here! andy is a very sweet guy...afterall, he did encourage you to call me back. :) tee hee. i'm getting a chuckle out of your mom's comment! :)

i hope the rest of your week goes well! just about 4 months and i'll be knocking on your door looking for a snack after my long walk on the highways of indy trying to get from the airport to your house. hahahha!!!

Annikke said...

You and your mom are so adorable!!!

Love the wreaths and the table looked fab too!