Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections of 2008

I am sitting here with my husband, and for the first time since the start of this "joint" blog, he is going to help me with a post!!! Usually around this time we start to think about New Year's Resolutions, which I have already ;), but I also wanted to remember the wonderful memories and abundant blessings that the Lord has given us. Here is some of our highlights from this last year!!! (I'll try to do them chronologically as best as possible!)

*Andy and I working at the same school for six months.
*Enjoying a winter full of warm and cozy fires in our very own fireplace.
*Sookie became part of our family and has brought much laughter and love.
*We hosted Easter at our house! This was a big deal for me!
*We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast for the first time.
*Traveled to Vegas with friends, my first time.
*I got to revisit Camp Techumseh as a teacher after going as a student and a leader.
*Andy built a huge deck on the back of the house, complete with railings and tiki torches!
*I threw Andy a birthday party.
*We celebrated our 1 year Anniversary- being married ROCKS!
*Spent our first "teacher" summer together, mostly going to Goodwill and fixing up the house!
*Continued family tradition by attending the Symphony on the Prarie for yet another year with the Roche/Potter/Parker clan.
*Andy enjoyed a luxurious stay on the Intensive Care floor of Clarian North due to his heart going into A-Fib. Praise the Lord he is doing well, and is getting his sleep apnia under control.
*I got to sleep without earplugs for the first time since being married thanks to his sleep apnia mask! :D
*Traveled to Destin, FL for beach vacation with Andy's family.
*The Lord abundantly answered our prayers for a teaching job for Andy by giving him 2 job offers to choose from!
*I was forced into a more comfortable relationship with football due to Andy's coaching job :)
*I got "promoted" at work to a larger room with 2 huge windows!
*We continued the "car sales" business by owning 4 different cars this year!
*We decorated our house, inside and out, for Christmas. OUR house! :D

The Lord has been good to us, even though most times we don't deserve it. We are thankful for all that we have, and are excited to see what is instore for us in 2009. I love this blog because I can keep up with dear friends and family who are far away. I hope that you feel like you have been a part of many of these events because of our postings, as I feel so close to many of you! Happy New Year!

3 comments:

The Shillingburg's said...

That is so fun!!! He finally got in on the blogging action!! I may have to do one of those posts as well. :) So good to see you guys...wish it could've been longer! Glad y'all made it back safe!

Erin said...

Love keeping up with old friends, too. Happy New Year!

Sara Laverty said...

excuse me, but i did not see:
*saramarielouise came to visit us and we got to decorate chilis for $1 and eat lots of candy.

but i know it is a highlight in your mind! :)