Now, my new obsession. The kids are doing a printmaking project at school. I had only done screen printing and Intaglio in college, but never just the printing block with the gouges. Well, I did a few demonstrations, and the kids were really getting into it, and one day I had an epiphany! I was on my way to do a class coverage, when remembered a picture of Bob Ross that i had! And that's where the obsession began! Once I had carved my little 1 inch x 1.5 inch block, and saw his magnificant print, that was all I wanted to do!!! So, I shared my idea with the other art teachers, and we decided to make tshirts! That's what the big blocks are for!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Stamping!!!
Before I get started, hop over to Whitney's site for her Christmas Giveaway!
Now, my new obsession. The kids are doing a printmaking project at school. I had only done screen printing and Intaglio in college, but never just the printing block with the gouges. Well, I did a few demonstrations, and the kids were really getting into it, and one day I had an epiphany! I was on my way to do a class coverage, when remembered a picture of Bob Ross that i had! And that's where the obsession began! Once I had carved my little 1 inch x 1.5 inch block, and saw his magnificant print, that was all I wanted to do!!! So, I shared my idea with the other art teachers, and we decided to make tshirts! That's what the big blocks are for!
I apologize for my blurry pictures, and I'm not sure what's up with that, but here is Bob, and his stamp on a post it note :)
Now, my new obsession. The kids are doing a printmaking project at school. I had only done screen printing and Intaglio in college, but never just the printing block with the gouges. Well, I did a few demonstrations, and the kids were really getting into it, and one day I had an epiphany! I was on my way to do a class coverage, when remembered a picture of Bob Ross that i had! And that's where the obsession began! Once I had carved my little 1 inch x 1.5 inch block, and saw his magnificant print, that was all I wanted to do!!! So, I shared my idea with the other art teachers, and we decided to make tshirts! That's what the big blocks are for!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
How fun is that?
Happy Trees!!!
Aw, Bob Ross! Loved that happy painter! ;)
Bob Ross Rocks! What a cool project!
wow! very creative :) great job!
i really want a tshirt. :D
Post a Comment