Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Year's Resolutions-Take 1

I know it's a little early for New Years since we have yet to even reach Christmas, but I have a tendency to evaluate my life when I actually have time to do it!!!
What I've learned from being a teacher, is that there is little time left for you to be anything else!!! I love my job, but I struggle with this sometimes because I am not only Mrs. Smith, but I am also wife, homemaker, friend, and I would love to add Mom to that list (no, that is not an announcement :). This year has gotten a little bit better, now that I'm getting the hang of it, and as you have probably figured out, have found some extra time to do some much anticipated and fun activities!
I would love to be able to add some things to my list of after school events this next year. This will be difficult at first since I have taken on the task of set design for the Spring Musical at school, but I love little projects that keep my hands busy!!!
A couple projects that I would like to take on would be sewing- aprons, and I might even like to try quilting-getting my kiln to work to make ornaments, and other cute items, and even working with Husband to produce more of the ADORABLE step stools that we just made for our nieces.
Like I said, this is Take 1. It's always so much easier to imagine the serenity and pure bliss of my studio when I am not dealing with the stress of junior high. When I am rested, I feel much more ambitious of my projects, and long for a day when I can wake up and go to "work" right in my very own home!!! That is my goal, and I am thankful for so many of your bloggers who have shown me that these things ARE possible, even on top of an already hectic life! Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I hadn't even thought about New Year's resolutions yet! You are way ahead of me.

Sounds like you've got some good ones though. Hope you have a Great Christmas!

Annikke said...

I am terribly sick and all I can think of is getting over this crud. But you did inspire me a little to think of what I want to accomplish in 2009.

Russell said...

I understand how being a teacher can kind of suck the life out of other areas of your life--so it is good you are looking for ways to add to your life to make it even more full! Good thoughts.

Merry Christmas! :)

Erin said...

Oops, that was me above...not my husband! Sorry! I have got to remember to sign back in as me! ;)

melanie said...

'quilting' is super easy when you do like i do and take the pieced top to a quilter with a machine! TOO much work to quilt by hand for me. sometimes the piecing doesn't go fast enough either :) you can do it!

love, miss melanie