Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Dreams

Now that I'm ending the first trimester, there are some changes that I'm noticing in myself.

*I continue to think that I am on the better side of this whole "morning sickness" thing, which has proven to be more of an "all day sickness" thing. I definitely have good and bad days now, as opposed to every day full of feeling sick.

*The hormones are starting to arrive. For the 11 weeks that almost no one knew that I was expecting, I didn't really think or talk about the ways that I was feeling, other than, "no, that food does not sound good," or, "did I really just fall asleep on the couch at 7:30?" :) Because I didn't want to spill the beans to anyone, I thought very little of my symptoms, therefore just dealing with what came and making the best of it.
I haven't really played the pregnancy card with Andy. I have a few times when I just flat out could not do something because my energy level was so low. I had to call upon him to do my half of the jobs, which he did with almost no comments at all! :D
Friday, the hormones arrived. They didn't call ahead to make a reservation, but rather beat down the door and charged inside. I. Was. Not. Ready. For the first time, I noticed that I was not a nice person, and I felt very bad for Andy. He needs a trophy :D Now that I am aware of my "house guest," I am working on being sunshine, even when I don't feel like it. It's not fun.

*My clothes are tight. I've enjoyed my sweat pants and stretchy pants, but even those are starting to feel differently. I've worn a few of my maternity pants, which really feels like I'm playing dress up, since it's the complete opposite extreme.

*This last one is really pretty funny to me because I was not expecting it. I've had at least 3 pregnancy dreams! I can only remember 2, which I will share with you, but it's super funny that I've woken up this last week and had dreams about babies to share with Andy!
Dream 1: In the first dream, I went to the hospital because I was in labor. I was very excited to be getting to see my baby, but I soon realized something was very off. As I was waiting to get hooked up to all of the machines, I thought, "I wonder what I'm having?" This was weird to be because we have decided that we will be finding out at 18 week. I kept looking at my stomach, which was only slightly bigger than it is now, and thinking, "I can't believe I'll be going into labor!"
Well, it turns out that that night I didn't go into labor, so they sent me home. I came back the next day, though, and went through the whole thing again. Each time just wanting to know what I would be having.
I woke up, and no baby. :/ I almost wish that my dream would have given me some type of clue as to what I was having!

Dream 2: Andy and I went to find a friend at their apartment. When we got there, they were having a pool party! The next thing I know, I'm in a blue bikini...luckily, still the size I am now, and not 9 months pregnant. As Andy is talking to one of our friends, I look down at my stomach and notice that that dark brown line that appears on your belly when you're much further along had already appeared on my own belly!!! As I kept looking, though, it wasn't centered!!!!! It didn't go through my belly button, it veered off to the left!!!
When I shared this part with Andy, he made a fake gasping noise and said, "heaven forbid it wasn't perfect." EXACTLY what I was thinking, but without the sarcasm! I couldn't believe it wasn't straight! I was just thinking, "everyone else's line goes straight down the middle and looks so cute. My has to slant off to the side!"

I'm sure there will be many more dreams to share in the future, hopefully giving me some clue as to what we're having :), so I'll share those as they come along.

Did you ever have weird pregnancy dreams? What were they?!

8 comments:

mom said...

Did you make this post just for me?:D tee hee hee!

With all 3 of you girls...I would dream that I delivered a baby...covered in BLUE fluff! Like a snowsuit...tied around the head with only the face appearing...but ALWAYS covered in blue fluff!

As for the line...NOT centered down the middle of your belly dream...I have a thought...does it have anything to do with your spine being a tad off centered? Just a thought.

Baby dreams...lots of fun! Good that you posted them...I think they are just funry distractions for pregnancy...mean nothing really but provide great entertainment! Speck so! Have a fabulous "short day!" Stay warm and safe. KUDOS to your wonderful and caring and loving husband who drove you to school this a.m. I'm praising the LORD for I prayed that you would be safe as you traveled in and had to walk across the icy parking lot...and HE answered my prayers by using your wonderful man! Thank you Lord for your mercy and for giving our Kel such a watchful husband! Praise You Lord!
Must run..have many things to do...grocery shopping to fill in the blanks of food I already have. :D Give "B" a pat from mops and pops! Love to our little mama! Love, mom xoxoxoxoo

Sara Laverty said...

Well, I've never been pregnant but I do always have dreams about my pregnant friends! HA :) Can't wait to have a dream about you!!! :) Tee Hee. Well, I will share two that I had about my friend that most recently had babies. One was last year, when she had to do field day - and she was 8.5 months prego but her school said every teacher must participate. I dreamed that we all went up there to surprise her and bring her some water. We walked up and she was holding a newborn baby (cord still attached and all that stuff). We were like uhhhh nancy??? She was like OMG you guys! I had my baby at field day! Isn't he cute? I know its weird that he is naked still but my husband went home to get him some clothes! We said um, no that is not normal, you need to go the hospital. She said No worries! Everything is fine! I feel great and I don't want to miss out on field day! Plus, he likes popsicles so i've just been feeding him that.
UH WEIRD. hahahaha
The second dream about another friend was that she had her baby and didn't tell anyone and two weeks after came to church with him and thought it wasn't a big deal to not tell anyone. She said that she was going to tell her mom and Christmas that she had had her baby earlier that month. UHHH.

hahahaha hopefully those made you laugh a little! :)

Susan J said...

With Caleb I dreamed I delivered him in the milk aisle at Kroger...this was about a month before I had him (at the hospital, thankfully!) but every time I went through the milk aisle after that I was afraid he would be coming!
Pregnancy dreams are definitely interesting! My dreams in general are very much more memorable (& weird!) when I'm preggo! Enjoy :)

Alicia said...

I just found your blog and it's so cute! You are definitely going to make one cute preggo! Congrats!!

Elizabeth said...

While I was pregnant with Andrew, I had three dreams that I was going to have a girl. We didn't know that he was a he, so I was half way convinced that I was going to have a girl. However, I did have a dream the other night that I had a boy and we named him Gary Harold... no I am not pregnant and yes you can have that name:)

Caroline said...

I left you a little something on my blog! Go check it out!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

Jen said...

this is all so cute.
LOVE mom's comment too!
:)

Kelley said...

how funny!