So, after Andy and I found out, we had to wait about 2 weeks before we told anyone else!!! Yes, this doesn't sound like a big deal, but do you know me?!!! :D Anyways, here is the test. I mentioned yesterday that the lines were kind of hard to see, especially through sleepy eyes, but it's pretty clear, there's the +!
I had bought a little charm that my mom had seen and liked the day after Thanksgiving that said, "Our family just grew by 2 feet" and it had two tiny feet cut out. It was cute and I thought maybe Allison would want to give it to her as a gift. Once we found out we were expecting, though, I kept it instead.
On Christmas Eve, after a wild round of White Elephant, my family does Ball Gifts. I think my grandparents had gotten them for us when we were born, and they always contain a tiny gift that we get to open the day before Christmas. It's part of the Eve traditions, and brings much joy. This year, Andy snuck the little charm with a tag that said "Baby Smith" into my mom's ball. When "the girls" opened their balls and found an adorable bracelet, I was surprised to see that my mom had included herself in "the girls" group. I quickly nudged Andy to get out the video camera.
She was immediately surprised to find a jewelry bag in addition to her bracelet, especially since she was the one who had loaded the ball gifts! After looking around suspiciously at my dad and grandpa, who were just as surprised, she eventually just opened the bag. It took her a second, but as soon as she read the tag she jumped up and screamed!!!! She started crying and ran over to hug us!!!
Now, the rest of the room had NO idea what was going on, and was starting to vocalize this very fact. Allison just though we had got her a necklace that she really wanted :) So, after realizing that she had not shared the news, she walked over and showed my dad, who then came over and hugged us. Kendall and Luke were next, and after many "what's going on-s?!" from Allison, Kendall proclaimed, "SHE'S PREGNANT!!!" :D
It was a host of celebrations as all 10 of us stood and hugged and squealed in excitement!!!
Later in the week, we headed to Louisiana to celebrate Christmas on New Year's Eve with Andy's family. The morning that we had taking the pregnancy test, Andy called me on his way to work with his idea for how he was going to tell his dad. The plan went off beautifully!!!
All of us were gathered around the tree at Mr. Bubba's house. Andy had put our "special gift" in a green bag, and just said it was for Dad when someone mentioned that it didn't have a name on it. About half way through opening gifts, Mr. Bubba picked up the green bag to open on his turn. As soon as I realized this, I nudged Andy, who got out the video camera. Immediate, both of our palms started to sweat and we got super nervous!!! Then, just as he was about to open it, Bryan said, "oh, Dad, here, open this one." !!!!! We were quivering with anticipation, and now we had to wait another round!!!!
Finally, Mr. Bubba picked up the green bag, picked up the contents, which was a jar of spaghetti sauce that read, "We're PREGO!!!!" We had bought the Prego jar, and I had added the "we're." It was priceless the way that he read it, and once again squeals of joy and excitement ensued!!!
We are so blessed to have 2 families that are so similar in their values and ideas of family, and who have encouraged and supported us so far along this journey. We could not have asked for better friends to be related to!!! We love all of you so much!!!!!
Whew!!! What long stories!!! Anyways, here is my 11th week picture!!! B is about an inch and a half this week!
Thank you for all of your comments!!! It is SO fun to have people to share our joy with! I will keep updating on the last 11 weeks, but if there is something specific that you want to know about, please let me know!!! I'd love to share!!!
Thank you for all of your comments!!! It is SO fun to have people to share our joy with! I will keep updating on the last 11 weeks, but if there is something specific that you want to know about, please let me know!!! I'd love to share!!!
6 comments:
HOW FUN!I love both the stories...
Oh what a neat way to tell your family!! I am sure they were thrilled, I would have loved to have been there! I know it is kind of early to ask this but, will you continue blogging after "B" comes? I know Allison stopped. (I miss her!)
(In reply to your comment.) Awww thanks!! I am very glad you will not stop blogging for forever!! I love your blog!! ;) By the way, what does "B" stand for? Baby? or is the first letter of a name you picked out?
I love the way you told both of the families! It's always fun to hear how couples tell their parents.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I've been away from the blog world for a few days due to internet issues and I come back to these fabulous news!
YAY YOU GUYS!!!
What a cute recount of the way you told the families. Cant wait to hear (more like read) more!
i would love to hear how you have told your students about "b"....or ho ho jr as i refer to him/her!
and...how soon will you allow me to feed your child frozen custard and/or oreo pudding and/or ho ho's? :)
Post a Comment