I'm 12 weeks along! Almost out of the 1st trimester, and I'm thrilled! That's a third of the way until we get to meet B! Oh, B. We love you so much!
Well, I just wanted to share a FEW of the many gifts that we have received since finding out about B, and sharing the news with others.
Last summer my mom told me that she had bought a rocking giraffe for Andy and I for "if we ever have a baby." :D Oh, Grandmas and always wanting grandkids ;) I was very excited, but we really were not even thinking about trying to have kids at that point. She said it had a few repairs that had to be made, so I didn't get to see it when she bought it. Right before Thanksgiving (when we were definitely about to start trying), we came over to The Resort and saw this in the entry way:

I think B will have a GREAT time riding his giraffe, who I think I'll name Ivan. No matter what the theme of the nursery, which will depend on if B is a boy or girl, and will totally share as it starts to get put together, Ivan will be such a fun centerpiece...besides B of course :D
This next gift was very special to me. When Andy and I were trying, we told NO ONE. It was a very exciting time, but also very tender. I have always dreamed of being a Mom, and now that I was anxiously waiting to see if that would in fact be happening, I was just bursting at the seams!!!
I had a deaf student in one of my classes who brought an interpreter with him everywhere. He had 2, but my favorite was Jen. She was so fabulous both with Seth, but all the kids in the class, which made it so comfortable for them to want to communicate with him. She is so full of life and just glowing with joy!
Somehow, during studio time during class, the pregnancy subject came up. And...I caved!!!! I told her that we were trying and I was waiting to find out the results!!! I thought, "who is she going to tell?!!! She doesn't know any of my family or friends, and I knew she would just be keeping us in her thoughts and prayers." She just kept asking how we were doing, and I shared with her when we found out that we were pregnant! It was so wonderful to share that excitement with someone else!
I decided to keep that a little secret from Andy (since he thinks I can't keep a secret, which I CAN!!!)...until she gave me this Christmas present:
It's a pregnancy bracelet!!! There are 9 charms, 1 to add for each month of pregnancy, ending with the photo from of the baby! She said to add a charm that reminded me of something that had happened that month. How fun!
So far, I've started with the bee, for B! Then the rocking horse because we finally brought Ivan home. Next has been the stroller for this month. After our doctors appointment, Andy and I went to look at strollers at Baby's R Us. We thought we should start researching early :D
This weekend, my Dad called us to let us know that gift that he had gotten for B had arrived! We went to their house before the superbowl, and Dad gave us this gift!

It is SO cute! The picture is bad, but it's bright purple and gold, and B is going to look fabulous wearing it at the hospital!!! It's crazy to think how small he'll be to wear this little beanie!!! Andy says that if it's a boy, he'll have to have a whole LSU outfit to match, and if it's a girl, we can get a purple and gold dress :D Can't wait!
And the last gift that I'm going to share came as a complete surprise in the mail yesterday! After our doctors appointment, we wanted to share the news with Andy's Aunt, Uncle, and cousins, who we had planned to tell in person, but because of the complications we encountered with B, hadn't told.
When we called Aunt Susan, her squeals filled the car! She was so excited for us, and gave a "mother's" reaction. Her joy filled our hearts and it was such a blessing to share with her.
Much to my delight and surprise (have I mentioned how much I love getting packages in the mail?!) We received this gift from her and Uncle Ray:
This Willow Tree sculpture is sitting in our entry way. It's so neat!!!
Well, as I mentioned before, these are only a FEW of the many gifts that we have received! Many friends and family have sent their well wishes with cards and gifts, which we can't wait to share with B. We are so very thankful for the love and support that surrounds us!
8 comments:
Aww, aren't people so sweet!? Love the giraffe!
Fabuloso!!! Gifts and surprises are soooo much fun!!! Dad and i have enjoyed reading this post together! We are so excited about B and the relationship she/he will have with super Stone! How wonderful family is!
There is nothing like coming home from a long days work and finding a box on your front stoop. What a perfect item to commemorate this special event and how special it is to come from sweet and precious family!
Enjoy your day off! Maybe the same will happen for Wed. My bible study already has been canceled...so you never know. Great \post! Thanks for sharing! Love mops/toodles/ pops/thegrampster oxoxoxoxo
i laughed at your mom signing the grampster's name to her comment. oh so fun! :) so, you aren't doing a dance studio/club theme for the nursery? ha ha ha! i guess i understand! ;)
so fun to read about the gifts you and B and andy have already received! and its just the start! :) i LOVE the bracelet - so sweet.
Gifts are so much fun and you got some really good ones so far!
The gifts are great! I think the giraffe is adorable! The bracelet is so beautiful.
The pregnancy bracelet is a wonderful idea! Do you have any idea where she got it? I would love to give that as a gift.
Oh I love all the presents! So special!!
all of those gifts are wonderful, but that bracelet is the neatest idea! I had never even though about that!
Post a Comment