The first month of pregnancy was pretty easy. I wasn't sure what to expect after taking the test, and I almost thought (naively, I might add), that I was going to be one of the few who avoid morning sickness! :) Oh, silly me!!! Luckily I made it through Christmas Eve and Christmas day snackies with no problems at all! THEN, the day after Christmas it hit me.
The trend began that as soon as I started to feel hungry, simultaneously, I felt like I was going to be sick any time in the near future. With the help of Allison and Mom, they suggested that I eat something (cracker, pretzel, lemon candy) to help the feeling subside!
Here is my daily eating routine:
granola bar for breakfast and entire bottle of water
a semi constant flow of pretzel nibbles until lunch time
a light yogurt for lunch with a packet of sunchips and a piece of fruit
a few more pretzels until school is out
dinner...great question!!! NOTHING ever sounded good for dinner! (I'm starting to somewhat get over this)
dinner things that sound good: Chicken Enchilada soup from Chili's, Chic-Fil-A sandwich, egg and cheese bagel sandwich- OH, that goes for lunch too :D
I've actually lost a few pounds over the last couple of months due to this very unnatural aversion to almost any food. I've started to stay away from the scale because I don't think my mind is ready to wrap around the concept that the numbers will be going up. I'm going to have to do some mind tricks in order to not do irreparable damage in that area :)
As far as my energy level goes...LOW. When school started back up, the days had never felt so long!!! I was so thankful when the bell finally rang at the end of the day! As soon as I got home and got dinner started, my tush was on the couch. It did not move from there until shower time and bedtime! Although, most days, I would fall asleep around 7:30, only to wake for my 9:00 bedtime!
Another weird thing is that I can't stand up for longer than 20-30 minutes before feeling light headed, loosing most of my energy, and getting that "i'm going to get sick" feeling. I actually overdid my self at work today, and now I am serving the consequences by sitting on the couch and watching Gilmore Girls :D
Andy has really been such a trooper over the last few months. It is definitely not normal for me to be out of food ideas. He has been so sweet to eat whatever has sounded good to me, and even make it for me too! I have had to call upon him many a times to take care of all of the cooking and cleaning, which are usually joint/split jobs. He has been so sweet! He has also made sure that I am extremely save in the icy parking lots!
I've heard that all of these symptoms should subside over the next month. What have your experiences been?
5 comments:
I can't remember if I said congratulations, yet, so--Congratulations!
I have not been pregnant before, so I can't help in that area, but I hope some of your faithful readers will give you advice because I bet it must be awful to not feel very good (I can definitely relate as a fellow middle school teacher!!). Hope you get to feeling better soon!
you sound just like I did. after around 13 weeks i started feeling much better, and i got some of my energy back. then around 16 weeks i became ravenous, and i stayed that way until around 26 weeks. you should start feeling better soon.
Sounds about right! It helped me a lot to eat a couple of crackers the INSTANT I woke up in the morning before I even got up or really rolled over. If I kept something on my stomach during most of the day, i was good to go. Hopefully the nausea will pass soon!
first... congrats! second... I was sick for 5 months with both of my kiddos so I don't give you much hope!
you are doing it right though, the only time the nausea feeling subsides is when you are eating.... so keep nibbling!
and about the only thing that sounded appealing to me and that I could keep down was chick-fil-a sandwiches!!
good luck and praying for you!
Everything you wrote is completely normal... I've expereinced it all! Luckily once you are out of that first trimester, you will begin to feel normal again. I'm 22 weeks along, and my diet and energy level are completely normal (the way they were before Eli came around). However, I do know that soon enough my appetite will pick up.... I'm really hopeing not though because it would be really nice for me to not gain as much weight this time.
Keep snacking.... it will help with the nausea. And I still get light headed, especially after a shower or when I'm really hungry.
Rest, and hang in there, soon enough you'll be feeling a ton better! Congrats again!
Post a Comment