Ok, here is the 17 week pic! ...Yes, I know it was taken a day after the 16 week picture, which ironically makes my belly look bigger!!! Who knows!!!
Changes: *I can see into my belly button a lot.
*My whole middle section is starting to feel tighter and fuller, even though I'm not that big yet.
*I feel a lot of "stuff" in my stomach area. My doctor said that my placenta is on the front of my belly, meaning, it would take a while for me to be able to feel Tucker moving. Sometimes when I lay on my side and twist a little, I can feel "things." Nothing strong enough for me to think, "Yes, this is him!" but enough non-normal stuff for me to believe that he is rolling around and sometimes stretching out down there!
*I seem to have almost passed the "morning sickness" stage. I also seem to have gotten the protein deficiency in order, and I'm starting to move on to the "I want to eat a tree" stage, as my sister put it :)
*I had a dream that I woke up and I had popped, and by popped I mean, it was like I had a very large balloon under my shirt!!! Very weird.
*I've been waking up when I sleep. I don't like this. It's either a weird dream, or the way I'm laying, I guess.
Also, I have a stretch mark question. I have extremely dry skin, and always have, so I want to make sure that I keep moisturized during the pregnancy. I've been using 2 different lotions, 1 is a Suave brand, I think, and another is an Equate of a Vaseline kind. I think the shea butter ones that are made specifically for stretch marks smell weird, and this is important to me. I don't like weird smells.
So, I guess what I'm asking, is what was your experience with the whole moisturizing thing. What brands do you recommend or even home remedies?
5 comments:
I didn't really use much moisturizing stuff. I started using the cocoa butter stuff for stretch marks in the beginning, and OH MY GOODNESS. I became allergic to it and broke out in a HORRIBLE rash all over my belly, upper legs, and arms. I think it got in my bloodstream. The doctors thought it was PUPPS (a bad pregnancy rash). I've heard stretch marks are mostly genetic, but I don't know. I really didn't have a problem with it, but I did use regular lotion from time to time.
I used Bath and Body Works, which has some shea butter in it!! Sadly, I think it is mostly genetic:( Your belly is precious and I couldn't stop from looking at it today during church!!
With Nathan I used Palmer's Cocoa Butter... stil got the good ol' stretch marks. With Gracie I just recycled my old stretch marks, never got any new ones... and the same so far with Elijah. I do use St. Ives lotion... but that's just because I have dry skin this time of year. I've always heard that stretch marks are genetic and there is nothing you can do to prevent them.
I did not use anything with Mallory and didn't get any stretch marks. I use Eucerin everyday with this pregnancy because my skin is so dry and itchy!! I do think they are genetic!
Congratulations on the pregnancy! I think you will be one of those really cute pregnant ladies that look like you have a basketball under your shirt!
Post a Comment