Saturday, March 6, 2010

Andy ROCKS!!!



A day or two after Tucker's bedding came, I came home from work to find another package on our doorstep. This time, significantly smaller than the bedding box, but still a pretty good size!

Well, you know me and packages. I was thrilled! I ran over too the stoop, and was slightly disappointed when I saw Andy's name on the box. A small let down, but I shrugged and moved on. Sometimes Andy lets me open packages for him when he's not there. It might not be something exciting, but it's still the thrill of the package that I love!!! :D

So, after about an hour, I was able to get him on the phone during track practice. He said that he had not ordered anything online, so I should just go ahead and open the package. See, I was right! :D

After about a minute of trying to get through the heavily taped wrapping, only to find another heavily taped box, I finally broke into a corner of it. As I glimpsed in, I saw something I recognized. Fabrics from Tucker's bedding!!!!

I was thrilled, but still could not get into the box! I began to squeal my findings into the phone, and use all of my womanly strength, which is not much, to rip through the cardboard! It was like Christmas morning and receiving a gift that I had only dreamed I could ever have.

After many LOUD squeals and heavy tearing, I finally reached this:


The MOBILE!!!! Perfectly wrapped, preserved, and brand new!!! I'm not sure how Andy was able to keep the phone up to his ear, let alone continue the 30 second exercises that he was leading the track team in, but my joy and delight only got louder and more persistent as I jumped for joy in the kitchen with the adorable mobile!!!!

You see, my husband loves to be sneaky like this!!! He has a very cool poker face, and even on the most normal of days, I still have trouble sometimes figuring out when he is teasing me! He is always so good at leading me away from the trail, and then coming through with even the most impossible of surprises!!! Andy, you are truly wonderful :D

The mobile is perfect. This big and little fishies are even more adorable than I thought they would be. It looks wonderful with the bedding!!!

We are turning my studio into the nursery. Our plan is to clear it out over spring break and bring in the crib that is at my parent's house. This morning, I started cleaning out my studio. It has a lot of work to be done to it before it can be cleared, but I got a great start! It already looks so different! I can't wait to see it as a nursery!!! :D

And, finally, here is my 15 week belly shot. Please do not mock. I had been in my sweats all day, AND this is the last day of my 15th week. I'll be 16 tomorrow! :/ At least I made it!!!


5 comments:

mom said...

A wonderful story Kel! I love the picture of Andy...he has such a precious heart and i love to see how much he enjoys surprising you and loves the sweet joys of life and love.

This mobile will always have a special place in your memory...thanks for sharing this sweet time with all of us.

Finally, Tucker is a grow'n! You however, look tiny as ever! How do you do it? I know...NO appetite! :D
Love your post and pics! Love, mom

Kendall said...

WHOOO HOOO!!! You man rocks! I'm so glad Tucker will have something to look upon after waking from his sleep! congrats on the new addition!! oh and you look GREAT!! So excited for you to come down next weekend!! Saturday will be very fun! we are in all 5 classes together!!

Sara Laverty said...

that's why you're having his baaaaaaaaby! ;) love the mobile - what a wonderful finishing touch on the nursery!

Caroline said...

Ohhh how sweet! I just love little things like that!

Sarah Rose said...

Look at your cute little tummy! And your cute husband! What a CUTE little Tucker you're going to have!

To answer your question: Lidocaine is a numbing shot (think Novacaine) that stings a little, but it's totally better than the IV. You KNOW if I'm recommending a shot, it's worth it. Not all hospitals will do it (says Michael's Katie, who is a L&D nurse), so you'll just have to ask on the big day!

And yes. If I can deliver a baby, ANYONE can deliver a baby. Childbirth actually sort of cured me of many of my medical fears!

Can't wait for Ruthie to meet her new friend, Tucker! He'll be here before you know it!