Friday, September 10, 2010

3 Weeks!

Tucker is 3 weeks old today!!! I can't even believe that 3 weeks have gone by since this precious boy entered our world, and changed us forever!

The last 3 weeks have been extremely crazy, emotional, overwhelming, and wonderful- all rolled into one teeny tiny little guy! My mom blessed us with her service the first 2 weeks we were home. As Andy and I adjusted to the sleep-deprived life of parenthood, my mom stepped in, picking up the duties of food, laundry, diaper changes, and late night feeding assistant!!! We definitely enjoyed her company and help, and even offered her the guest room as her permanent residence :D

As she transitioned out of our home, Uncle Bryan and Aunt Christine came for a special visit! They were so excited to meet Tucker, and we were thrilled to have time with just them!!! Since we live so far away, we had actually never spent any time with just the two of them, and it was wonderful! We spent the weekend hanging out, holding Tucker, and eating! :D Come back any time, guys!!!

Then, as Bryan and Christine's flight was leaving, Andy's Dad's flight arrived! Mr. Bubba has been here all week, enjoying Tucker and cooking AMAZING meals for us!!! He has made enough to feed an army, so I have frozen tons so I don't have to worry about meals for a LONG time!!! He even taught me how to make pulled pork and brisket! It is SO good, and I can't wait to try it on my own!

Tomorrow will be our first night home just the 3 of us!!! How exciting for our little family!

In other news,
Tucker had his 2 week doctor's appointment on Tuesday. We were thrilled to find out that he weighs 10 lbs!!!! He is up to 22 1/4 long, and already wearing 3 month outfits!!! They were very impressed with his alertness, eye contact, and overall health! Go, Tucker, we're so proud of you!

Tucker has proven to have a very "chill" personality. He is extremely laid back, and totally content to stare up at you while you hold him. During his awake time, he likes to hang out in his bouncer with his woodland friends, and lay on his play mat while looking at Panda and Birdie. He enjoys Praise Baby music, which soothes him during his fussy times, and we like to have hymns playing in our home! He gives us random smiles, which may be result of gas, but I think he hears and understands us ;) He's very advanced!

Tucker responds very well to his Daddy's voice, and looks to find him when he hears it. Daddy just can't get enough of his little boy, and like everyone else, see's a lot of himself in him.

I know I haven't posted much in the last 3 weeks, but hopefully that will be changing! I am feeling much better now that I am starting to get a bit more rest. Truthfully, I don't think I was even able to form coherent thoughts earlier, so any blog post probably wouldn't have made any sense! I just wanted to document what our little guy was up to, and brag about how good he is!

Thank you to all of you who have sent well wishes, blessed us with meals, or served us in our home. We greatly appreciate your love and support, and hope to return the favor when needed!

3 comments:

Sara Laverty said...

We want pictures!!!! :) And don't forget another big event in Tucker's life...meeting Auntie Ho Ho! ;)

Kelley said...

so happy to hear things are going well! And I agree with Sara! WOuld love to see that precious baby!

Erin said...

You are doing a great job, Kelly! He is a growing boy! :) Keep it up and enjoy every single second...even the sleep-deprived ones. ;)