As I am starting to ease into "normal" life with Tucker, I have found that most days I want to actually wear something other than my maternity pj pants, and the adorable nursing tank that my husband bought me. Don't get me wrong, these are both adorable AND convenient, but after my shower, I fear a run-in with Stacy and Clinton, and imagine what their comments to me would be. So, I start digging through my closet.
I've been starting in my maternity section (yes, my closet is that big) to pick out at least a pair of (now) loose fitting, yet still cute pants. I put them on and think, "yes, these look nice!" and move on to a shirt. However, as the day progresses, a few things happen.
1. Cute maternity pants now bear their ugly head as a non pregnant body fills them, and they took quickly relax, leaving me looking saggy, and with a good inch of blue elastic showing.
2. My shirt begins to cling to my body, showing off where the elastic of my pants in cutting into my not-quite-yet toned stomach, leaving me looking like some unfortunate mess on PeopleofWalmart.com :/
Next I begin rummaging through my pre-pregnancy clothes (oh how I've missed you!), only to find that although I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight (and have been since about week 2 1/2!), my body is not quite back to it's old self.
Despite the glorious reunion I was anticipating, which I'm sure will come at a later date, I have found that after birthing a child, one's hips may stay slightly widened, causing previously fitting pants to fit a bit more snuggly than before. In addition, my tops are now also slightly tighter due to the fact that Bessie the Moo Cow is feeding. :D
So, yes, dilema. Not to worry, though, I have not fully given up hope. I will not be rushing out to purchase a new wardrobe (you're welcome, wallet and Andy :D), nor will I continue to don my sweats on a daily basis. I hope to venture out this week with the stroller, a feat that I have not conquered yet, and hit the pavement to tone up this new Mommy bod, loose a few more lbs., and quickly make it back it to some comfortably fitting, non-maternity clothes very soon!!!
3 comments:
You are looking so awesome! Hope your week is great:)
Way to go being back to pre-preggo weight, but you are right that the post-preggo body shape is just a little different for a while :) I bought a few staples (a pair of jeans, etc.) to get me through those weeks of an "in-between" body. Then those clothes can double as early maternity clothes next time (like you're already thinking about that with a 4 wk old...haha!) :)
Yes, the return to pre-baby weight seemed useless to me, considering that my post-baby shape didn't agree with my pre-baby clothes. :-) It eventually (pretty much!) returns, just takes time and patience.
Post a Comment