Wednesday, September 22, 2010

One Month!

Tucker,
Monday, you turned 1 month! It is so hard for Daddy and I to believe that you have only been with us such a short time, and are already growing so much!!! We love you more with each day, and just adore showering you with kisses and lovies and snuggling with you!
It was so fun to take your 1 month pictures! My favorite part was your outfit! I have been waiting SO long to get you into this, and I think your jeans were a little too small! You look so grown up to me in these shots, and I just love the many faces that you show us. You have such animated facial expressions, some of my favorites being your smiles and Cheerio lips!
You are doing so well with your routine. You eat every 3 hours (sometimes 2 1/2), and eat for about 15 minutes on each side. You are always ready to eat at meal time, and I rarely have to wake you up during feedings. We have been working with your for a few weeks now on how to get you to sleep longer at night. After altering your awake time during the day, I finally realized that you did not need the midnight feeding. Now, you eat around 10:30, sleep for 4 hours, eat, and sleep for another 5!!! Mommy and Daddy are SO excited about this!!! Keep up the good work!
You had your 1 month doctor's appointment yesterday. You weighed 11 lbs. 13 oz. (85%)! Such a big boy! You've almost gained a pound a week since you were born!!! You were 22 1/4 in. long (66%). You are getting heavier to lift, which is a struggle for Mommy since she's not that strong :/
You still love your bouncer with your woodland friends. You make much more eye contact with them now, and swat and hit them very often! You coo and smile at them as though you're having a conversation. I think you're happiest in your bouncer. You also watch the fishies go round and round on your mobile. Again, you follow objects very well.

Your neck is so strong! You push your head back and arch your back with great gusto, but also like to be held so you can look around at things. You are completely enamored by your closet...not sure why, but it's funny! You love lights and looking up!
Tucker, we just love you so much! You are such a good baby, and we are so blessed by you! My favorite time with you is cuddling with you. I love how you melt into my chest. You have even started holding onto me, like you don't want me to put you down. Daddy loves this too! His favorite is when he changes you, and then you have skin to skin time! Keep growing, buddy! We're so proud of you!

Love, Mommy

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love how you have the 1 month sign in the pic with him! Such a little cutie pie! Glad you've had a wonderful 1st month!

Erin said...

One month already!? He is so precious. Sounds like things are going well!

elliott + adrianne hultgren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
elliott + adrianne hultgren said...

ove the new post!!! looks great Kel. also the pic of the 3 of you is awesome. you look FANtastic! that's great to hear about the midnight feeding going away. 4 hours then 5 hours sounds like awesome sleeping to me. that's so funny you love your closet Tucker! your mommy, Auntie Jessie, and I were all in there one night before you were born, just looking at all your cute clothes and talking about how excited we were to meet you babies :)

mom said...

Kelly and Andy, he is the cutiest Tucker man I have ever seen!!! Love, Love, Love him! Amazing to me how you two spent almost 5 months planing and painting and designing and building and hanging precious bobbles in his nursery...and he LOVES the closet and the light! Typical...give him an empty refrigerator box when he is a bit older and he will have a blast! tee hee hee.

I remember when pops picked his 1 month old outfit out the day you announced you were having a boy...he put the entire ensemble together in 2 seconds and Kel, you could not wait then for the first time to dress Tucker in it! Time flys! I knew all the details that you shared on this post but a mops never tires of hearing and seening the precious things of her gifts from the Lord...speck so! Hugs and Kisses to all! Love, mom/mops oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxo!!

Sarah Rose said...

SUCH a cutie. Ruthie and the rest can't wait to meet him, even if we're going to have to wait just a little longer...

It was so good to talk with you the other day. Glad to know everyone is adjusting well...and you look FABULOUS! Hugs!