Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Friends

Tucker's personality is really starting to shine. Andy and I get to see it every day, as he discovers a new facet of his "Tucker-ness" :) and it is just so exciting! We often just describe him as "a funny little guy!" It seems to sum up his fun loving spirit, constant smiles, and curious hands and mind.

One of the things I noticed early on about Tucker is that he LOVES other babies! Seeing babies at church evokes a joy in his spirit as he sees someone else like him!

I love this picture from our play group:
(from left to right: Aubrey, Katelyn, Luke, Graden, and Tucker) All of these kids had so much fun together, and so did the Mommies! I am so thankful for reconnecting with many friends that I grew up with!

Tucker recently got to spend time with his cousin Pax, as well! Although their schedules overlapped (one was awake while the other was asleep, and vice verca, we were able to find a few minutes for them to play together!
Tucker also got to play with his friend, George while Sarah and I were working on a project. I love this picture because it sums up Tucker. He lit up like a Christmas tree as soon as Sarah brought George over, and of course, in true Tucker fashion, he reached up to touch George's face!!! I love how he does that as soon as he meets people! It's just so sweet!
Meghan and I used to work together a few years ago. We went to IU together, and then ended up teaching at the same school for a year! Meghan just had sweet Madelyn in December, and we just got together for a play date!!! I love this picture! Madelyn was about to go down for a nap, and not really feeling the photo shoot, but Tucker comforted her by patting her, and holding her hand!!!! :D SO cute!!!
Tomorrow we are having another lunch date with some sweet friends, and I am just so thankful for the friendships that I have! I think as a Mommy, it's so important to maintain adult relationships, and to allow our children to play together as well!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Aren't playgroups lifesavers?!?! It is so fun to watch the kids all try and interact, plus getting to talk with ADULTS in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY is like a miracle sometimes. ;) Your little man is precious!

mom said...

Once again...I love, Love, LOVE this post! Seems like yesterday that you met Megan and you two were mucking it through middle school together, finding your paths as teachers...and NOW here are your babies! I still see Jessie at your 8th grade graduation swaray in Sawgrass, sitting along the street corner with a "bunch" of other girlies while watching dad fire off fireworks for your celebration and NOW...here are your budding baby boys being best buds at play group! I just read this a.m. the truth to the reminder of how "fast" time goes in Psalm 144 "Man is like a breath, his days are like a fleeting shadow." Thus the truth lived out right in this post. Seems like you are faithful Kel, to make the most of each and every moment! Kudos to you! Love you, Love, mom/mops ooxoxoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Sweet pictures!