So, we're doing good at eating through the food we had. After a long day for both of us, I opted to thaw out some left over fettuccine Alfredo and some shrimp penne pasta to make for an easy dinner evening. However, as the lids came off the containers, I was a bit surprised.
I called Andy. "Hey, babe, I'm so sorry. I thought it was shrimp penne pasta, but it's lasagna. Is that OK?"
"Well, I guess so."
"Ok, thanks!...sorry! love you!"
Off to be defrosted they went. I gave Tucker a bath, Andy got home, and the meals were removed from the microwave. .... uh oh....
"...Andy?...I don't think this is lasagna...I think it's an enchilada or something!"
Now, although enchiladas are on my list of meals on the fridge, I cannot for the life of me remember the last time I made an enchilada. Then it dawned on me...
It was a leftover from a meal that was brought to me after Tucker was born, 7 months ago!!!
Well, needless to say, we found a few other leftovers in the fridge to satisfy Andy's hunger this evening!
Here's to more "mystery dinners" as we eat our way through the pantry and freezer!
No comments:
Post a Comment