Today is the first day in a long time that I've felt like blogging. Two weeks ago Tucker came down with strep...then a viral infection...then he gave it to me...and we've been cooped up in the house ever since.
I feel so bad for the poor little guy. We hardly go anywhere, then 2 weeks in the church nursery and we're down and out for 2 weeks! Geeeezzz!
I, however, feel like I got initiated into another realm of motherhood. Being sick while still needing to take care of a sick baby is one hard task, let me tell you! I had always thought it sounded bad, but kept my fingers crossed that I wouldn't have to cross that bridge for a long long time. Well, the bridge appeared sooner than I'd hoped, but I guess things could have been much worse.
Anyways, I'm hoping that T and I are starting to get on the up and up. I am, at least, which should make taking care of him a bit more feasible.
I just have to keep reminding myself that for everything there is a season. I must admit that I have in no way mastered this idea, and have had more melt downs than I am proud of, but I know that everything will change eventually. Take the weather for example. Part of what has made this flu so horrific, or seemily that way at least, has been the constant state of blah outside. It didn't matter if I opened the blinds or not, it was going to be the same shade of ugly out there as it was in here. Until today. Today the sun has been shining with not a cloud in the sky, and I must say that it has done this girl good. Real good.
I am 100% a sunshiny type of person. You will never catch me in Seattle, unless I'm on my way to Alaska, but I need the sun. It's an energy booster for sure. And, as far as I can tell, Tucker likes it too :)
Well, that's it for now. Please feel free to leave a comment! I could use some outside communication since I've basically been isolated for 2 weeks. It doesn't matter what, I just like to hear from people! :D
3 comments:
Sorry you were both sick--that is HARD. Glad you got a little sunshine today!
Having a sick baby is tough--although sometimes it's tougher to be the sick mommy :-) Hope you feel better soon!
So sorry you were sick! I had the strep/virus thing during our week of snow days. I was thankful to be sick over snow days, but I don't have a baby to take care of. So, I partly understand, but partly cannot comprehend how hard it must have been for you.
Post a Comment