Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am SO excited!

As promised, here are some pictures from today! Andy and I enjoyed a quiet morning watching The Office with this amazing fire blazing! It was so warm, crackly, and calming!
Then Mom and Dad stopped by! Mom brought her lanyards, or "neckards" as Allison calls them, for me to take to another elementary school. I sold about 30 of them at my school since we all have to wear our ID badges. We wear them in style now! :) This is the new sign I made her, and some of her fabulous product!

After they left, Andy had to go to practice-it's Fall Break people! There should be no practice!- While he was away, I worked on more of the stained glass! I also ran back over to Hobby Lobby to get more of the sand colored glass. The color is still a bit off, but I think i can blend it ok.

Oh yeah, in between seeing Mom and Dad and doing stained glass, I finished this scarf I had been working on! I love this yarn, and really fell in love with the colors. I wore it as well today and it's really warm!

As I mentioned, I really liked the colors. Well, I decided to experiment with some gloss medium that I bought a few weeks ago, with some techniques I've been thinking about. Well, turns out that I love this painting! I may have found my style, or my "kelly-ness" as Andy put it! I have tons more ideas that I want to play with, and make at least 2 more for this little series! The picture is a bit fuzzy, but what do y'all think?! Yes, no, keep working?! AAAHH! I just LOVE it! :D

Well, as you can see here, I am SUPER productive on days where I have nothing else to do. Like, WAY more productive! I think I should just quit my job and become a starving artist...literally. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... how much? Love, mom oxoxoxo Great Job and yea for me...I'm first to post!

Whitney said...

You are so creative. I take it that you get it from your mom? I'm impressed with you both! I am sorry you didn't win my contest. :( Maybe next time. And yes, I am going to find out what I am having and I am sure I will share the names with the world. I will be too excited not to. :)

Erin said...

Cute lanyards! Our school is heading that way, and they are making the kids wear them as well. I like the font on the flyer...is that your writing or is it a real font?

Louisiana Belle said...

Love the painting! You are a talented girl. We'll be in DeRidder for Christmas- hope to see you. When will you be there? We get in on the 16th!

Anonymous said...

when i come home for D Now, maybe you can help me get stared on a scarf or too. your stuff looks great! miss you and love you!

Kendall