Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hello all! I'm so sorry that it's been so long since I've updated! My energy level needle has quickly plumeted towards empty! Things have been going well, though. Here are some recent updates:

*Andy and I watched the 4-5 year olds at church on Sunday while the parents watched Fireproof.

*Mom and I went to the Carmel Arts Festival, which we've been anticipating for quite some time now. I got some neat tricks and techniques from some artists, and am just itching to try them out!

*I am trying to figure out what other career choices there are for someone who wants to teach art, be around people, but just not have to deal with all of the discipline issues... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! :D

*Fall is here! Our house now smells like Mulled Cider, and I have hung my autumn wreath on the front door!

*I want to make stuff ALL the time!!! I feel more like an "artist," especially recently, than any other time since collage. Maybe "Starving Artist" is the career choice I'm looking for :)

*Andy is continuing to work SO hard, and is a wonderful teacher, coach, friend, and husband!

Well, that's about it now. I will try to update in more detail as soon as my brain works it's way back up to normal speed!

5 comments:

Annikke said...

Sounds like you have an upbeat spirit for what you are experiencing though! You are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love the update and the salute to your life recently. Yes! Your husband is doing a great job! I'm watching John and Kate when John make Korean food. I'm setting here in bed, under the covers and typing on the computer and then I look up and see Kate, short of a break down, in her bed, on her computer. John was in her kitchen and she was having a freak out moment and she quipped, "If it took him an hour to chop the oninons it ought to take him 3 weeks to make the fried rice!!" Ho hum, I thought it was funry. :D
WEll, must go...project runway and top design are on tonight...not that I am adicted or anything. I feel better, I made my to do list, ate some candy, and will attack the "projects" tommorrow. :D Lots of love, mom oxxoox p.s. my fortune cookie says "Discipline is a way of life; here, there, everywhere." thoughts from mom :D

Whitney said...

Welcome back, stranger! I have missed your posts! Life gets crazy hectic sometimes... but I am glad to peek in on you now and then. Have a great week!

Sara Laverty said...

i'm glad you are back! :) i've missed reading about your life!
sounds like you are a busy lady these days! glad you are getting in some good creative time though!!!! you should post pics of your latest projects so we can see them! :)

loveyou!

melanie said...

nothing like real life huh?! hang in there....it'll get better! love ya, miss melanie