Sunday, January 18, 2009

Clean

I hate this word. I am struggling very hard at the moment with the fact that my house never has been or ever will be 100% clean. After many snow days with 2 people home, and 2 dogs, our house is very not clean. Not only is it not clean, but after spending 20 minutes sweating, sweeping, and grumbling under my breath, it will once again be not clean in about 5 minutes. I have a very difficult time working towards a goal that is never complete. Cleaning is one of those things. It does not matter how hard I work to find a spot for every sock, shoe, empty envelope, cereal box, or pen, in about 10 minutes, all of my work is negated by a stack of mail, empty cup, or dog toy. Tonight, it was just too much. I couldn't stand any more clutter. As I went to a different part of the house to "put away" yet another item, I was just smacked flat in the face with the fact that that room was also not clean. I feel very deflated right now. I know Sookie knows that my huffing and puffing has put me in a not good place because she has just come to sit on me, as she often does, but with a sense of understand and compasion, I feel, and has gently laid her head on my arm.

10 comments:

Amosann said...

Girl! I completely understand and it is just me living in my apartment!

Amosann said...

P.S. I got your blog by knowing Andy through facebook. We went to college together at Tech I think.

Alison Mayes said...

I definitely understand that feeling! I was lucky to have my husband clean the most of the house while I was sick in bed and he even put away the places that have been random storage places for a while! I do not think I want to know what he was saying! :)

Anonymous said...

I feel the same about my house, especially the laundry. It doesn't ever feel done. I don't know how two people can have so much laundry

The Shillingburg's said...

I'm right there with you...I just stopped letting it bother me. Wait until you add kiddos into the mix!! It's insane!

Erin said...

Ugh, I hate knowing that the house isn't clean and there isn't a thing I can do about it at the moment! Just know that I bet everyone feels that way sometimes...you are not alone! :)

Melanie said...

amy is right......there is just so much you can do...it'll be there tomorrow....*shrugs* my first 'letting go' was NOT making my bed. if you don't already, give it a try........freeing!

Mother Hood said...

I feel your pain. Now that I have kids, I feel pretty much hopeless to ever have a "clean" house.

Of course, with our new parakeet, the floor is always a mess with bird seed. He never fails to kick it out of his cage 2 seconds after I sweep. Now I feel like I live in a chicken coop!

Whitney said...

I feel your pain time and time again! It's hard to work outside the home and to keep things orderly. It's like a never ending cycle that makes you want to pull your hair out!! Yes, I understand.

Anonymous said...

if u haven't done so already, i encourage you to check out inspired kara's giveaway- a 50$ certificate to etsy. it's an awesome giveaway, and this is the last day! so go check it out if you haven't done so. :)