Saturday, January 3, 2009

Projects

Here are a few projects I've been working on lately. A long while ago I had this great idea for organizing the massive amount of jewelry that was cluttering the top of the dresser. My super handy husband helped by doing the "man stuff" part of it :) (bending the silverware and screwing it into the base). He did a great job! I painted the background first, and love how it turned out!!!
This next one is for a guy who worked in our department this last sememster. He did numerous observations and got really involved. The teacher he was observing asked the kids to make him a little card and put it in an evelope. She made a book out of all the envelopes, and it was a neat gift for him! I chose to do mine on some advise that might be good, but in a way that reminded him of me :D I'm sure you'll see what i'm talking about as you view :D
For those of you who don't know me as well, I try to mention Bob Ross (classic TV artist with giant red afro) at least a few times during my 9 weeks with the kids, and love to watch their eyes glaze as I explain his trademark statements. I also try to do an interprative dance whenever I get the chance. I like to keep the kids on their toes ;D
I have just finished a handmade project for a close friend's birthday, so as soon as I give it to her, I will post pictures!

8 comments:

Melinda said...

I like your jewelry rack-what a "green" idea to reuse old silverware.

Mother Hood said...

I've got a fever and the only cure is more Bob Ross!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love the jewelry rack! What a cute idea. Thanks for noticing my blog makeover :)

Kelley said...

I love your blog! You always have such creative ideas! Thanks for sharing them! ANd I also love that Bob Ross!

Anonymous said...

i love the jewelry rack! ihave that same problem so maybe i'll attempt to make one of those :)

Alison Mayes said...

The jewelry rack is so cute! Very creative!

Annikke said...

How cool! Love them!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome jewelry idea. I love it!