Friday, January 16, 2009

Handy Andy!

Oh my husband is so handy! He has been a busy little bee the last couple of days during our snow days. Being the bargain hunter that he is, he was able to find peg board on Craigslist, and decided to insulate our garage for a very cheap price! He has been busy at work on little projects since then. If you know my husband, you know that once he starts a project, he works until he finishes. That is true tonight, the coldest day in 12 years! hmmmmm. Tonight he has been working on putting a new weather strip at the bottom of the garage door to help keep the cold out. I've been out helping him, and questioning the timing of the 0 degree temperatures for such a project!
The peg board is both nice to look at, and very helpful with organization. I, myself, am looking forward to trying to get down the shop vac :)...can you find it?!
Here he is working hard on the weather strip. This was also before I was asked to help. It was cold, but at least it got done faster! Don't worry, Mom, we're all inside with a fire going, nice and toasty! No one has frostbite :D
In other snow day news, we have enjoyed the 2 hour delays, sick days, and snow days of this week. We've got to spend more time with the puppies, who are so full of life and fun. This mornign when we woke up, Andy thought Sophie might be a little cold, so he helped warm her up! I think she like it! This is also how she traveled today to get her shots and buy stuff at Lowes :D
And this last picture is great! Andy was able to capture this candid moment of Sophie. I had just put this blanket over her cage to help keep her warm, and I guess she really liked it!!! Andy came laughing into the room, and was able to stay quiet enough as to not disturb Princess Soph!

One last note! I saw Bride Wars TWICE this week! Once, yesterday with Sarah, Jessica and Leah, and then again today with Mom and Kendall after we did cake testing! It was a VERY fun girly movie, and I wanted to see each of the movies shown in the previews before!

Also, be sure to head over to The Pink Potpourri for her Free Giveaway Friday! She's giving away a free Blog Page Makeover!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures!

Erin said...

Ha ha, love the picture of the dog on TOP of her cage! ;)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the last picture and the third one too! As I was reading your blog I was thinking..."why is Andy out working in the garage in
-21??!!! but then I remembered that it only ADDS to the guy thing excitement of doing a project and "ruffing it!" :D

Sophie has become the princess and the queen of her castle! Elle like to hike up the castle walls as well and see the land from a different view every once in a while. :D

Have fun at the cake tasting and the movie...thanks for spending your time with us all afternoon...it was very fun!
Love, mom oxoxoxoxoxoxo