Thursday, October 1, 2009

Paint is not my friend

Ok, so usually paint and I are BFF. I love color, and we're super cool together. The last two days, however, paint has performed hate crimes on me. Yesterday, I had to cut open a paint bottle for the kids to scrape all the paint out. I was wearing an apron, and my cute boyfriend sweater. As soon as the scissors broke through the plastic, PPWWOOFFF, green paint splattered out at me!

GGggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Green. You are not my friend today!!!

As the day went on, I stayed away from green. It stained my adorable light colored boyfriend sweater, but it was better than if I had tried to get it off.

So, today was a new day. I was wearing my new fall striped sweater with adorable elbow pads (I"m a HUGE fan of elbow pads, by the way! I know, it's my 80 year old man side :/) and I was feeling pretty good. Once again, I was asked to cut open the yellow paint, to which I agreed with little hesitation.

Big Mistake. Once again, PPWWOOFFF. Explosion. Only this time, I felt it hit my face. Not good.

I asked a girl to wipe me down, and I had to stand there like a kindergardener while one of my Junior High kids cleaned my face!!!!

I'm not talking like a spot here, a spot there. It was all over my cheek, in my hair, on my ear, and even my eye lid!!! Not to mention, all over my new striped shirt!!!!

This time, I did make an attemp to wipe it off my clothes, which worked, thankfully!!!

But as I said before. Paint and I are not friends today. So I worked with glue instead :D

2 comments:

mom said...

Green and yellow...did they make you blue or just miffed? Were you not wearing your glasses? for that is the direction I thought your story was going. :D

Seems that every job has it challenges... a mom burping her baby...a hair dresser mixing the color... an artist scraping the inner tube of the paint! WEll,at least you are as colorful as your personality! Literally!

Congrats to your hubby for his big win! God is so good to have tugged on your heart to go and support him tonight. Talk with you in the a.m. God Bless, Love mom oxoxoxoxo

abby said...

omigoodness... i'm so sorry!:(