Thursday, May 20, 2010

26 weeks

Sunday was my shower, and the day I turned 26 weeks! I guess my hands are in the way, but I definately think I'm getting bigger! :)
Tucker has been very active this week. As I type, my stomach is dancing all over from all of his kicks and jabs. I was a little worried about him on our long car ride, but he handled it quite well. Instead of kicking and poking like he usually does, he was doing summer saults. He would push himself up to the top of my stomach so we could actually feel him. I can't tell the difference between his head and his butt, but you could totally feel both!!! Andy especially liked this little treat. He really likes feeling him whenever he can!!!

My belly button is looking really funny, but not pushed out all the way yet. I have been feeling pretty good, and had my glucose test on Wed. It was my "big girl" appointment, since no one came with me, I had to fast, drink the juice, get my blood drawn, and get a shot, all by myself!!! I did good :D It really wasn't bad at all, and I haven't heard back about my results yet.

Lastly, I wanted to share about a very special part of our trip. As Andy was giving my parents a tour of the town he grew up in, we ended at "The Long Street House." This was the home he was brought home to, where they created so many memories, and where they lived when his mom went to meet the Lord. He lived there until he was 17, and has told me many stories that took place here.

As we were sitting out front, the current owners came home and let us go through the house!!!!!!

We couldn't believe it!!!! As we went through, Andy soaked in the experience, and shared so many memories as we entered each room. One of the neatest things was that they had marked the back of his parent's door with the boy's heights, and his mom's exercise marks during her physical therapy. They were still there!!!!!!!

The owner of the house had heard so many stories about his family, and treasured all of the history that was held in the home. Her mother had died of breast cancer when she was a young girl, so she loved learning about what had gone on in the home.

She had kept the tree in the backyard that was given to them after Pam died, and Andy said it had gotten so big!
I've always wondered what it would be like to go back into our old homes, but have never been given the chance. This experience was so special as I got to hear my husband recount stories and memories from his childhood, and even point out holes in the wall that he had made with his heel! :D What a blessing on this special trip. I will never forget this experience!

2 comments:

Classy Fab Sarah said...

The lady who let you walk through her house is amazing. What an awesome experience.

Anonymous said...

So neat!