Any chance that I get to talk to student's parents, I take it. I want them to know how great their kids are and how hard they are working in my class. I love to see the parent's reactions to this, too. Tonight, I saw a girl bring her mom to the show and find out that she had won a blue ribbon in the contest!!!! As her and her mom stood to wait to talk to me, her mom reached over and grabbed her and said, "oh, I'm just so proud of you!" It made my heart SO warm to see that unexpected display of encouragement and affection.
Another unexpected surprise was that my dad came to the opening. Andy had a track meet, and my mom had a meeting, and dad had been playing tennis, so I thought no one was coming. Now, I fully understand that I am a grown up, but I'm not going to lie, I was a little sad knowing that no one was going to be there to see the show. I LOVE my family, and I always love it when they come to anything I have going on. So, when I saw dad walk in, I was thrilled!!! He really enjoyed the show and seeing all the kids. A lot of the kids knew who he was because he meets me at school for lunch frequently.
When I was explaining all of this to Andy, he said he completely understood. I was lucky enough to marry a man who understands family importance. His parents, like mine, supported him in everything he did. They made school costumes, they came to plays and sporting events, they ate lunch with him. We never had any doubt what so ever that we were 100% loved and supported by not only our parents, but our Grandparents as well.
Now that I am becoming a parent, I am so thankful that Andy and I are on the same page on this. I know that I can count on my parents for anything, and that if I needed anything at all, they would be here at the drop of a hat. We have such great examples of a loving support team, and I can't wait to be Tucker's mommy!
I know that this weekend is Mother's Day, and I guess this can be an homage to my mom and Andy's mom who I think completely encompass the Mother of All Time award, but it can not be secluded to just them. Our dads are just as wonderful. When i called dad to tell him why it meant so much to me that he was there tonight, his response was, "well, thank you. I came because I knew it would make you feel that way."
And that sums it up folks. Thank you, Mom, Dad, Mr. Bubba, and Mrs. Pam, for so selflessly loving us unconditionally, and enjoying it while you do it!
1 comment:
great post! happy mothers day! you are such a wonderful mom to tucker already...making sure he is well fed, warm and cozy :) and already buying him so many great things! hope you enjoy your first mothers day and celebrate what a fantastic mommy you are and will be!
Post a Comment