Andy, my parents, and I took a VERY quick road trip to Louisiana this weekend for our second shower! We spent over 30 hours in the car over a 3 day period, but it was totally worth it! We got to see our family and friends, who threw us an awesome shower!!! It was so fun to see everyone that we usually only get to see briefly at Christmas.
Now, I don't have all of the pictures from the shower, so these are just a few of the ones that I have. It'll at least give you a general idea! :D



Like I said, there are more pictures to come, and probably more details, but I'm still a little tired from the trip. I did write almost all of my thank you's from my first shower yesterday, so I feel like I'm making good progress! Now, I've just got to focus on grades for next week and a half, and the rest of the thank you's! :D
Oh, and one question. I'm reading Baby Wise, but do you have any other favorite baby books?
2 comments:
I liked James Dobson's "Bringing Up Boys"--coming from a family of girls, I had NO idea about raising a boy, but this had some good insight.
I can't believe I'm saying this...
...but I would say, read no more! Take some wisdom from babywise, but also glean some wisdom from other moms you admire. And then, put the parenting books aside for a while. In retrospect, I think that reading as much as I did - at least personally - gave me unrealistic hopes and expectations for what being a mom would be like. Books are great, but sometimes too much "pre-parenting" reading can be, well, too much!
I'd recommend that you go grab some fun, light books...or even read up on another topic that's interesting to you. This would be a great season to read up on organizing, cooking, light theology, or even a good novel.
That's just my two cents! Love you!
Post a Comment