Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Spirit!

I am extremely in the holiday spirit! I am ready for the Macy's Day parade, tons of food, family, fun, and fellowship, and definately ready for Christmas!

Mom divided up some of the Thanksgiving food this year, and I got good stuff! She's letting me make the cherry pie!!! I will also be making Kansas corn, fudge, and a crab dip that is one of Andy's favorites! I am so excited!

In following with tradition, Mom bought a gingerbread house kit. Growing up, Mom would make 2 chocolate cakes that were put together to make a house. Then, the 4 of us would sit together in the kitchen and decorate it with icing and candy! It was SO fun! well, this year, we will continue this tradition!

In anticipation for Christmas, I have bought the materials for an adorable craft project! I will be sure to put pictures up once it's made!

What are some of your family's holiday traditions?

7 comments:

Sara Laverty said...

well, as you know...us lavertys are quite big on holiday traditions! for tgiving: my dad makes his special mashed potatoes, i make brocoli cheese casserole, and danny makes rolls! my mom makes the rest. :) we also get a new cd on thanksgiving....cause my dad thinks you should get presents on every holiday! :)

Erin said...

My mom, sister and I had a little advent calendar that held little mini-ornaments to decorate a mini-Christmas tree. For the 24 days leading up to December 25th, we'd take turns opening up the little door on the calender for that particular day, waiting excitedly to see which ornament was hiding behind! ;) Silly, but fun!

Anonymous said...

Family traditions...well, we have a few. :D My most favorites...for thanksgiving....cherry cordials... a tradition from Grandad!

For Christmas, reading Jolly O'l Santa Claus and riding in the van together, listening to Polar Express and driving around seeing all of the Christmas tree lights! Also, Christmas eve service, and setting out egg nog and cookies for Santa... and reading Luke 2! Merry Christmas! JESUS the BEST gift of all!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say, "God Bless" and I love you! Love, mom oxoxoxo

melanie said...

i guess these years the tradition is that WHENEVER we can get together we enjoy being together. when we open presents we all take turns.....and we've always drawn names to fill stockings with little whatnots.

there are always board games, card playing and lots of laughing!

Anonymous said...

LOTS of LAUGHING! It's the only way to go...for sure! :D Love, mom ....I agree with ms. Melanie

Anonymous said...

gebbs! meeske here...

i'm doing a giveaway this weekend so be sure to check it out!