Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...!

Merry Christmas!!! I love this time of year! My family is filled with rich traditions that makes my heart beat faster at the thought of this holiday season, not to mention, the celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ!

Friday, after a long day of shopping (4:45-6:00), Andy and I started setting up the Christmas tree! We listened to Bing Crosby swoon us with holiday melodies, and set up our very first tree!

Saturday morning, we hung ornaments, and set up the nativity scene!
Now, for a little craft! :D Hobby Lobby was one of our many stops on Black Friday, and they had all of their fall decorations, including fake flowers, 90% off!!!! How can a girl pass up a sale like that?! I bought a ton of bright flowers for next fall, for only $6.00, and then bought these gorgeous hydrangias (I think that's what they are!) to decorate my dead hanging plants from this summer :/
First, I apologize that this picture is sideways. I bought floral foam at Wal*Mart, and cut it to fit into my baskets.
I gathered my flowers, and ribbon, and went to town tearing the flowers apart! *You will probably want to use wire cutters.


After some fluffing and huffing (this was my first floral arrangement ever!) I think they turned out pretty cute!


I tied the bow, and Ta-Da!!!

This was a very inexpensive project, and my front porch is the more beautiful for it!
Stay tuned because Sarah is coming over today after church to teach me how to make Christmas candies!!! It should be a great time, and I'm looking forward to learning this new craft!

7 comments:

Erin said...

You are brave to face the crazy shopping crowds on Black Friday, but it looks like it paid off! :)

Anonymous said...

Kel, GREAT JOB on the flower baskets! They look awesome and oh so festive! Your tree is beautiful and I love the angel! It warms my heart to see so many of our family traditions being pasted on to your precious new family. I recall our first tree and first Christmas together and the tender care we took to so much detail of deorating and building ideas and new traditions. Great job, you and Andy have done a fabulous job! Many will be blessed as they share the beauty of your home this Christmas season. God Bless, Love, mom oxoxo

Anonymous said...

The wreaths look great. I plan on trying on this week. Also, I love your sweater (the one you have on in the pic with your tree)! Where did you get it?

Anonymous said...

wow! those look great! good job, gebbs!

Annikke said...

90% off -- oh that Hobby Lobby rocks!!!

Unknown said...

cute it turn out great!

Anonymous said...

awwww that is soo cool!!