
Last week (11 weeks), Tucker started holding onto his rattles! Since he had been gripping our fingers pretty hard for a while, we thought we'd test out the rattle. At first, he would hold it for a few seconds, then drop it, but after a while he was shaking that bad boy all over the place!

Yesterday as I was changing him, he put the rattle up to his mouth! It was so fun to watch him move it around, and realize that there was something in his hand. Andy actually got to see this first that morning, so I was glad he got a "first." :D Now he just sucks on his hand when nothing's in it, and I'm hoping he'll find his thumb soon!

Tucker is doing great! The only thing we've been struggling with recently is his eating. Obviously, he is doing well in this area, except that he has been eating less and less lately. I think it's partially due to his reflux, and partially due to how fast my milk come out. Either way, it's a bit unnerving at times when I"m used to him eating 20 minutes on each side, to down to 5-12 minutes on each side :/ Has anyone else gone through something like this?
3 comments:
Carson did the same thing. 5 minutes max and he nursed until 10 months that way and was never a petite one. Don't worry he is changing everyday.
It's normal for them to all of the sudden decrease the amount of time they nurse... it means his mouth muscles are getting stronger and he's becoming more efficient at getting your milk out :) don't sweat the amount of time he nurses, as long as he doesn't still seem hungry when he's done!
Totally normal for him to become more "efficient" at getting the milk out. As long as he's gaining (and it looks like he is) he's getting exactly what he needs.
Post a Comment