Monday, November 1, 2010

In the Kitchen

I am really liking my new job as SAHM. I had always dreamed of the day that I could stay at home with my baby and do house duties such as cleaning, laundry, and have a scrumptious meal ready for my man when he walked in the door. The cleaning and laundry are still growing on me, but I am really enjoying the cooking part!

I've always been a fan of baking. Still am, only now that I work at home, I don't have coworkers to share my goodies with. Yes, you guessed it, I consume most of my treats by myself! Andy's not quite the dessert man, so I have to spread out my baking sprees!

Anyways, my cooking skills are pretty basic, and going in to marriage, I didn't have much to offer on the culinary front. Andy is a whiz, and just throws stuff into the pot. It always turns out good. I, on the other hand, was more of a hot mess, falling into complete inconsolable despair as soon as something seemed to deviate from the recipe! There were many a times when Andy had to "save" dinner the moment he came home!

However, now that I'm here all the time, I've really enjoyed the process, and we've enjoyed some delicious meals together. Most of them, thanks to The Pioneer Woman. I was given her cookbook by my parents this year for my birthday, and every recipe has been a success! Including tonight's dinner.

Penne a la Betsy was a scrumptious delight! For the 5 years that I have known my husband, he has claimed that he does not like pasta. I have come to realize that most of his "dislikes" are completely unfounded, as he has never tried the thing he claimed to dislike. This isn't necessarily the case with pasta, however, he LOVED this dish!!! I seem to have found a way to reintroduce these tasty carbs back into my dinner menu! :D

We scarfed this meal down, and chased it with some garlic bread and a delicious romaine salad. I will be making this again soon!

The best part of this meal is that I was able to prepare most of it while holding a sweet little baby! He was anxious to see his Daddy, who wasn't home yet, and wasn't fully satisfied with his view from his bouncer on the kitchen floor. We cooked together, and it turned out great. I love these guys!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks delish!

Sara Laverty said...

I've had this recipe in my "que" for a year now and haven't ever gotten up the courage to make it. SO glad to know that it is as yummy as it sounds and I guess now I have no excuse to not make it! Thanks for the inspiration Kelly!

And you are excellent in the kitchen, I've always thought that. :)