Our family has THE BEST stockings! My dad's aunt has made knitted stockings that are pretty good size, and have a great amount of stretch. You can fit almost anything in those bad boys, and they take the shape of the objects inside. Big fun! :D We also have stockings down at Andy's dad's house, but I don't have any for our house!
I've had some cute make-shift Dollar Tree stockings that match all of my home decor, but they're not very personal. Now that Tucker's here, I wanted to have "our own" stockings! I"m a big fan of all things funky and unique, and I think these stockings fit the bill!!! Andy and I picked out the fabrics (even enough for when we have another kid!), and I've been working away ever since!
These are not done, but I laid the cuff piece on top so you can get the general idea. I'll post more pictures when they're all done!
I just love this time of year! I love all of our family traditions, and I hope to come up with some of our own! All of our family traditions are based around Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but it seems that we will never be at our own home for either one of these since we'll be going to our parent's house. I think I'll have to get creative with some new traditions. I could use some help, though!!!
What are some of your favorite family traditions?!
3 comments:
Love the stockings! I haven't bought a single Christmas gift yet. I'm am usually much better about my Christmas shopping then I have been so far this year.
Cute stockings!
Those are seriously cute stockings! I am so impressed by your sewing skills. I, too, need to get some stockings that are just for our family, now that I have an infant who will be celebrating his first Christmas. One of our traditions is to open a present on Christmas Eve- this is nice especially if you won't be home on Christmas day, to give your own little family some special time just you guys.
Post a Comment