Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Turn Me In

Seriously, turn me in. Stacy London and Clinton Kelly have been waiting for a case like me. It's their lucky day! Here I am!

I have always loved their show, and tried to pick up as many tips as I could from their transformations, but I was never such a desperate case as to require personal assistance...until now.

Now, I am super thankful for my pregnancy weight coming off so quickly, however, there are a few body changes that I was not prepared for. For starters, I believe that my whole lower half widened about an inch or so. It is starting to retract back, however, it is still noticeable to me. Then there is my stomach. Seriously, did you see me before this baby was born?! I was the same size as a woman having twins at Sam's club a MONTH before I was due! Anyways, I'm not sure my belly button will ever be the same again!

I love my clothes. They were perfect for my job- colorful, full of pattern and life, yet not so extravagant that if I got paint or other artist materials on them that it was a complete devastation. I made them work, and they worked well, I think. Again, no real reason for a cry to the What Not to Wear crew.

I fear that now I may be a lost cause. My closet is still full of those lovely clothes, and yes, day by day I am finding more pieces that I can fit back in to, but not comfortably. Unfortunately, most things need to be layered, as they are not suitably long enough. Remember that body change I mentioned?! Unfortunately, Stacy and Clinton will have now way to get "secret footage" of my daily sweat pants and whatever long sleeved T-shirt doesn't have spit up on it frock I may be sporting because I rarely leave the house! There is a good chance, however, that if they did tape me, they'd probably just see the same "make it work" outfit over and over!

So, please turn me in. I would be a great student. I'm a fast learner, good listener, and I take notes. I will do my best to shop off the sales rack, and find outfits that will fit my new Job, and make Andy and Tucker proud when I leave the house (don't get me wrong. Andy has NEVER said anything about the way I dress! He loves me just the way I am! :D). Hopefully you will see me on TLC sometime soon! :D

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ha! You are always so cute when I see you. Welcome to mommyhood with the sweat and t-shirt:)

Susan J said...

Give it another month or two...the shape will get closer to "normal" (even the belly button, though after child 3 there is little to no hope for it...I'll let you know about the devastation #4 brings in a few weeks) :)