Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kendall's Shower

Today was Kendall's shower for Pax! I have been so excited for this shower, and had a great time planning for it! Kendall and Luke have the Madras bedding from Pottery Barn, and are doing an antique Planes, Trains, and Automobiles theme in his nursery. We chose their theme for the shower as well!
Mom had the coolest vintage postcards of old planes that she hung in a frame (and I don't have a picture of :/), and I enlarged them and put them on Pax's name.
We were also able to use a bunch of Grandpa's old toys as decorations. This was so special and fun to have them as a part of the shower! I think he had a good time cleaning and polishing them too.
I love this old truck of his, especially with the blocks spilling out! We had a Brio train set, and an old wooden car of his.
We also had these adorable little planes hanging from "clouds" all over the room! SO fun!

So many of Kendall's friends came to help celebrate Pax, and I know she had a great time seeing them. She got TONS of adorable gifts, but best of all, I got to see both of my sisters! Tucker loved getting to see them, and Uncle Luke, and I just wish we could have spent more time together. I can't wait for them to come up for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

2 comments:

mom said...

Great pics Kel! I had so much fun! Our church family is awesome and it was such a joy to see all of their smiling faces and be embraced by such Love! I think Kendall has some great pictures as well. You are such a great hostess. The close pin game was so fun and I will always remember Ki Ki and her love for Allison and her keen sense of hearing the word "cute"! The husbands were so very helpful and exhibited a servant's heart today! We were blessed by them. Well, I had a fabulous time and it was wonderful to see how Kendall so loved your creative flair and how touched she was to have 3 generations of toys incorporated into the decor of her shower for Pax. Love you so! Love, mom...p.s. Tucker was ...as always...adorable!

Elizabeth said...

Cute idea! Love how you reoriented the room:)