I have always enjoyed the taste of a good cup of coffee, but more than that, it's the memories attached to my coffee that I think I love the most. Some of my favorite memories with my mom were sitting our the kitchen table before school in Alabama. We moved during the second half of high school, and we were all just clinging to each other as family. I enjoyed my morning breakfasts where we would chat, make each other laugh, and encourage one another with scripture.
So, you see, coffee is more than a beverage for me.
In November of 2009, I quite cold turkey. About 2 weeks later, Andy and I found out that we were expecting our little Tucker Man!!! :D I was thrilled to know that although I had been consuming this beverage for almost my entire life, I was not actually addicted to it! It just happened to be a drink that I greatly enjoyed!
And so, it's been about a year and a half since I've had coffee on a consistent basis.
Enter my guilty pleasure:

Ah, white mocha from Starbucks! As soon as I was done nursing, and received some generous gift cards at Christmas, these warm little hugs became my sweet treats on days that, well, I needed a sweet treat!!! :D
In the mean time, Allison and my parents purchased one of these bad boys for themselves:
If you have one, consider yourself lucky!!! You can enjoy a warm cup of coffee in under a minute!!! I have tasted many delicious flavors, thanks to Barista, Dad, including an amazing ice coffee!!! YUM!!!!But, for my simple, yet faithful coffee maker, I have found a new love. French Vanilla and Hazelnut have been constant favorites, but then I broke out of the box. I tried something new, and it was worth it!!! :D
I have great memories associated with coffee!!! Whenever we visit Andy's dad, he greets us in the morning with a delicious cup of Starbucks, or the announcement that there is coffee made in the kitchen! He knows how much we girls love our coffee and always provides!!! Are you a coffee drinker? Any flavors, products, or coffees that I need to be trying?! Please share!
4 comments:
I have been craving coffee for the last 3 months! I drank decaf while pregnant with Pax man but stopped once he was born. I was just telling Luke on Friday how much I missed that hot cup of goodness and when I stop nursing I would love the coffee maker like Mom and Allison have! We shall see!
I also saw that they have made a all natural, real cream coffee creamer! I thought of you and wondered if you have tried it yet?
As a Louisiana girl myself, it's almost exclusively Community Coffee here. In my first pregnancy, I half-heartedly drank their decaf...but my current pregnancy, I found CC Cafe Special decaf--best pregnancy find ever! Should you need to go the decaf route again anytime soon... :-)
It appears I am a coffee snob, and I really only like the "fancied up" stuff from Starbucks! I've tried some of the creamers at home, but I just can't make it taste like Starbucks. Ugh. But, when I'm in need of a special treat, I get their mocha with caramel....yummo. These days, I get half-caf and soy milk, but it is still delish!
I drink venezuelan style coffee every morning...cafe con leche. I take 1 cup of really hot coffee (I microwave it), 1 packet of splenda, 1 1/2 tsp sugar and 2 heaping teaspoons of WHOLE powdered milk (purchased from Kroger in the mexican food aisle). throw it all in the blender and whip for a few seconds. It is WONDERFUL frothy goodness! Karen
Post a Comment