When we were little, about 4 times a year we would record our new answering machine message. It came to be something fun to look forward to, and Dad would always come up with cute little sayings. As I pass by my not yet opened flowers in the yard, I daily think of one of our message recordings.
Dad would call us all into their bedroom, and we'd have about 10 minutes of practice of going over, and over, and over what we would be saying once he hit record. Once everyone felt confident that they were ready (nervous butterflies aside), we would record.
Dad: "Spring has sprung, the grass has ris, I wonder where the flowers is!"
Allison: "Hi, we are unable to take your call right now, but"
Me: "if you leave your name, phone number, and message, we will get back to you as soon as possible."
Kendall: "....uhhhhh, hahahahahha!"
AllofUs: "KENDALL!!!!"
Kendall: "oh, I promise I can do it! Let's do it again!"
Take 2:
Dad: "Spring has sprung, the grass has ris, I wonder where the flowers is!"
Allison: "Hi, we are unable to take your call right now, but"
Me: "if you leave your name, phone number, and message, we will get back to you as soon as possible."
Kendall: "....uhhhhh, hahahahahha!"
AllofUs: "KENDALL!!!!"
This would continue for about 5 minutes. In case you're wondering, her ONE line was
"Have a nice day!"
Sheesh, woman! Get it together!
Anyways, like I said, I've been anxiously awaiting to see if some of my flowers will actually bloom this year, and that little saying has just been ringing around in my head! So much fun!
3 comments:
okay, okay, lets just get a few facts straight...
1. I was FOUR years old!!
2. It did not help that you wrote down my line because I could not read!
3. If my memory serves me correctly (which at age 23, it most certainly does by now) my line was, "have a nice SPRING day"
4. I have no idea why I'm defending myself...I did that at all the recordings and even to this day, it takes me a few tries when I set up my own voice mail.
On the bright side, if it wasn't for my stupidity at the time, you wouldn't have anything to blog about :)
I too think of this story and Dads message during this season! Thank you for posting this, Luke and I loved the laugh!! I can't wait to see what kind of stories and memories our little boys make together!
Kendall,
LOL all good defenses! :D And, I guess it was "Have a nice spring day!"
true, true, we do have some good stories to blog about now, and you have to admit, if you heard that phrase, you would recount this whole scenario too! :D
I do believe our boys will one day be able to write about all of us! Oh, what fun we'll have! Love you!
And she wonders why we hid from her in the basement :)
Post a Comment