Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blizzard!

Wow! Today was crazy weather! I have 2 giant windows in my classroom, which I LOVE, and all day I watched as the rain and snow fell sideways!!! It didn't even just fall, it blew at winds up to 50 mph!!! I was glad that I was warmly watching it from inside all day, but when I had to walk across the parking lot to my car, it took my breath away!

The kids spent most of the day looking out the window and commenting on how it was a blizzard, we probably weren't going to have school tomorrow, and making sure that I, too, was seeing this crazy weather.

It was actually blowing so fast that at one point I thought we were going to have to go to our tornado safe locations! :)

I took a picture of this through my snowflake decorated windows (made and painted by my kiddos), but I left it at school!

We also got an invisible fence for Sookie. It was significantly cheaper than a real fence, and since Sookie passed puppy school with flying colors, we knew it wouldn't take her long to learn. And we were right. Unfortunately for Patrick, the guy who installed the fence, he had to do it today...in pelting rain and snow...and wind that almost sweeps you off your feet and takes your breath away all at once. Andy made him some hot chocolate, so I hope that helped! Luckily, he was impressed by Sookie's skills, and it didn't take her long to catch on to the beeps and the flags!

And lastly, today was my "Friday," so to speak. Kendall is getting married on Saturday, and so begins the wedding festivities! Lots of family and friends are coming into town, and we are so excited! Pictures to come!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Wow. Snow is SO FUN! And, so are weddings! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend ahead of you! Have a great time, and as always I can't wait to see pictures!!!

Kendall said...

i'm getting married!!!!

Caroline said...

Snow already? Good grief!!! Over here we woke up bright and early but only because it felt like 50 degrees in our house/ The person who fixes it came but it is still freezing!!!