Thursday, December 17, 2009

Loot!

It is that time of year again. The baking begins, and millions of calories get traded between friends, coworkers, and families all over the country. You can almost smell it coming. After Thanksgiving, our teacher's lounge gets flooded with homemade goodies from parents and fellow teachers.

You can also recognize this season by the appearance of...that's right, you guessed it...holiday sweaters. Every year it makes me laugh inside as I see grown women wearing sweatshirts that light up, snowmen with puffy balls appearing on sweaters and fancy hairbows and matching earrings!!!

Well, today marked another staple of the holidays. My students began bringing me gifts. And, boy, did I really get some good stuff this year! It's only Thursday, may I remind you!!!

So, to sum up my loot, I got 2 gift cards, a cute tin with magnets and a bracelet, a zebra stripe gift set (yay!), some very 80's zipper pull earrings! (:D also, yay!), and a sweet pea Bath and Body Works set!!! In addition to all of these, I got some very delicious, and some very questionable, baked treats!!! OH! and I even got a group hug from my 7th period class! :)

I am pleased :) I think it is so sweet that the kids thought of me. Some of them have even been telling me for weeks that they had my present! When I have kids, I will for sure give their teacher's some rock'n gifts!!!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Hey, I just posted about this very same thing! It is that time of year! The kids can be so sweet sometimes.

Abby♥ said...

wow! you got some really great presents!:) That is so sweet of the kids

Unknown said...

great presents my sister is a 5th teacher and she said she is just now running out of candles and lotion from last year!

mom said...

hmmmm, LOVE the crystal kiss! Someone must love you very very much! Speck so! Love, mom oxoxoxo
p.s. let me know when you post the pics from the 80's Christmas Party. I went to bed at 8:00 last night and rose at 9:15 a.m. and came back to bed...I have 7 movies and I'm not leaving the bed until I 've seen every one of them! I'm determined to feel better...SOON!