Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas at the Resort

Merry Christmas!!! I hope that you all had a wonderful celebration of the birth of our Savior this week! We enjoyed a wonderful holiday with all of my family. Each year it has become more and more difficult to fit our growing family into the Resort for the holidays. This year we were especially maxed out in a good way! Kendall and Luke have been married for 2 weeks now, and shared their first married Christmas with us! This was also Stone's first Christmas!!!

Look how beautiful The Resort looked!!!
We had 11 stockings. ELEVEN!!!! We had to move them out of the way to have a fire! It was so cool!
Stone is about 2 months old. He is getting SO big! We had a great time playing with him and making him smile! I think he really liked my glasses. I do have a way with the kids because they like my blueness :) You can tell he's enjoying chill'n with his Aunt Kel.
We got a ton of great presents! Andy was super excited because he got everything he'd asked for from my side of the family! He was totally pumped by the new saw I got him!
I'm not exactly sure what he's going to use this for, but after Dad got a B.B. gun for his birthday, Andy wanted one too. They're already talking about going to the shooting range and doing other man stuff with their guns, so that's cool! He doesn't have to explain. It makes them happy, so I'm good... as long as he doesn't shoot his eye out! ;)
Kendall and Luke got me this awesome bubble umbrella!!! I've always wanted one of these, and since mine turns inside out on me in a very embarrassing way EVERY time I try to use it, I'm pretty glad to have this one!
I think we've wanted one of these Magic Bullets since we were engaged, and finally remembered to ask for it! Watch out, we're pureeing everything!!! :D
Kendall gave us all these cool aprons as wedding party gifts, and I used mine to cook at The Resort on Christmas Eve. The girls all wore theirs too when they got into town.
Ok, this totally cracked me up. We were all smushed on the couch, for some weird reason, when we were reading the Christmas and Santa stories, and all of a sudden, ALL of the dogs came to us!!! I think it's because I was keeping cookies in my apron ;) just kidding!
I got Sookie this cute little elf costume. I think she really liked it :)
Well, Merry Christmas! We are leaving this week for Louisiana to spend New Years with Andy's family. We're super pumped to see how big Mallory and Alyssa are, and see Tara's growing belly with Baby #3!!! We're all meeting in DeRidder for Christmas at his dad's house, and we can't wait to see everyone!!! Hope all of you had a great holiday!

7 comments:

Sara Laverty said...

oh my - it looks like you had a lovely christmas with the fam! i am just home from my visit to the lav resort myself! :) i love your shirt - so pretty! and i am jealous of your umbrella - i find myself in the same situation....left embarrassed and wet during a rain storm!! :)

Caroline said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!! Great pictures! I love the won of Andy looking surprised!! Do you know if Kendall will keep on blogging?? Very cute umbrella! I need to buy a new one sometime soon to!

mom said...

It was a great Christmas...speck so! Love the pictures. Safe travels to you and Andy on your trip and give a round of hugs and Christmas Cheer to his entire fam from the resort clan!

I LOVE all of the stockings...God has blessed us richly! I loved the crowded house, good food, trips down memory lane and some new ones made this year! Loved having our Parker, Smith, Hinton fams all together! One of my most favorite things was the Christmas singing with Luke on his guitar and his new wife holding the song book for him...see they are already a great team!
We will miss you this week, but have soooo much fun! Love, mom oxo

Anna said...

I am so glad that yall had a good Christmas! I love seeing the pictures that you post! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

Kelly Loy Gilbert said...

Oh, I LOVE that umbrella you got!! P.S. My name is Kelly too! :)

Abby said...

sounds like a great Christmas!:)

Kelley said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I think it's so nice how all your sisters were able to be there at the same time! Being married makes it hard sometimes to plan the holidays and spend it with everyone!