As I was going through the paper today (remember, we're doing paper mache!), I found a neat article on how to wrap up your presents without spending a bunch on wrapping paper. This article was two-fold, pointing out that we spend anywhere from $5-$10 a pop on a 9 foot roll of that adorable paper we all know and love. But also that most of that will end up going into a landfill after our festive holiday celebration!
Here is a chace to get your creative juices flowing by finding the beauty in those everyday things we have around the house. By keeping your palette neutral, butcher paper (white or brown), newspaper, or even old music sheets can be jazzed up with a colorful bow, dried flowers from your garden, or ribbon remnants from your sewing station!


If you enjoy sewing, like me, you have random scraps that can be used for little else. You might have to "quilt" a few of them together, but they make an adorable bundle for a small gift. Even make your own gift tags!

Even magazine pages, or old books with beautiful illustrations can personalize your gift. It tells the person that you thought about them, and spend time making something unique for them to enjoy before they even get to the gift!

Please send me pictures if you try these cool tricks!
2 comments:
Wow! Very cool! I like the one with the map and also the music note one. Great tip!
Oooh good idea!!! I like this.
Post a Comment