Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Books!!!


*Allison, if you're reading this, I hope you got the full mental picture of the title of my post :D

Andy and I have been so blessed recently with tons of amazing gifts for Tucker. I just sit in his room at look at everything, and am so thankful for great friends and family who have given us such special things to share with our child.

Among these gifts have been many books for us to read. I can't wait for story time! Books were always a great part of our lives, and even to this day, my sisters and I have many fond connections to the books that my mom keeps finding in the attic! Each one has a special place in our heart, and we know "which ones belong to who!" (if you have siblings, you know what a big deal this is :D)

Apparently, when I was a child, I used to make my Grandma read Little Red Ridding Hood to me over, and over, and over! LOL

I had to share 2 books that we have received that have stood out to me. The first one is Pajama Time!
This book is SO MUCH FUN!!! As I was reading it, I realized that it needed a bit of a sing-song voice to go with it. When Andy came home, I told him to read it like it was a song...which he did! The whole thing! We decided that we were going to have to memorize parts of it and sing it each night at "Pajama Time!"

There are other books listed on the back that sound right up my alley, so now I've got to figure out where to find these things!

And, the other one, you may have heard of.
Andy's department head gave us this book, and I just picked it up and read it yesterday. Y'all, I was practically in tears! It is such a sweet book about how "you are the one and only ever you." Andy also pointed out that in the back of the book, it is dedicated to "Tucker." Not ours, of course, but how many Tuckers do you know?!

I believe this book will be coming to the hospital with us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did your mom tell you about the book sale?

Susan J said...

We love Sandra Boynton! You need to get "Barnyard Dance" too...we have much fun 'singing' that one.
We get a first book for each of our babies. "On the Night You Were Born" is the book I got for Caleb and read it to him in the hospital the night he was born (as I was tearing up, of course) :) Books are such fun and will be a special part of your family's life!

Anonymous said...

BOOKS! Oh yes I got it :)