As of today, I have officially been promoted. For about 3 years now, I have been working diligently at my current job in hopes of one day being promoted to my dream job. As a junior high art teacher, I have learned a lot. Most of the lessons were about me, and how to organize and manage my life in a way that would not make me crazy. I have come a long way in this. I have also learned about compassion, motivation, and selflessness. I have finished this job on a positive note. This school year has been wonderful. I taught classes that felt more like families, and watched students with incredible artistic ability push themselves into finding their own styles creatively.
Up until 3 years ago, my life's dream had been to get married and start a family. On June 2, 2007, my world became indescribably better as I became one with my very best friend. The last 3 years have been filled with so many experiences that have caused the words, "You are my favorite person, EVER! I'm so glad we're married!" to leave my lips that my blessing cup is more than overflowing. It has been an honor and privilege to be the help meet for Mr.. Andrew James Smith, who is without a doubt my identical second half :D Although I have worked extremely hard at fulfilling my role as a wife, I still feel as though I have much growth in this area. With school taking such a huge priority in both of our lives, most of the time just "getting through" whatever is left at the end of the day is our favorite part.
My current goals as a wife and homemaker are: 1. keeping the house clean 2. Preparing meals and not eating out 3. Having laundry done in a timely manner 4. Creating a home that Andy wants to come home to
Now for my promotion. Today I completed my last day as "Mrs.. Smith, 7th and 8th grade Visual Arts Teacher," and am preparing for my new title as "Mommy." :D ...just take a moment to let that sink in.... (maybe that's more for me than for you).
It brings tears to my eyes as I think about how I am getting the job that I have literally wanted since I was a little girl. When people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, my response was always, "A wife and a mother." I believe that God knit me together with this desire intertwined in every part of my being. It is such a huge honor and responsibility, and I hope I can be as great of a Mom to Tucker as my Mom was to me.
So, ladies and gentleman, I now present to you, Mr.. and Mrs. Smith- Mommy and Daddy! :D
You will probably continue to notice this theme in my blog as I prepare in these last 3 months for my new job title. I am excited to share with you my experiences, and learn from my faithful reader's advice, encouragement, and experiences. Please share your thoughts on my posts. I would love to hear from you as I enter into this new role, and will certainly need your prayers as well!!!!
I am just so thankful that God has provided for Andy and I thus far to fulfill my dream of being a Stay at Home Mom. Although things will be tight, I am confident that this is where He wants me, and that he will give us the tools to survive!
Happy Birthday, Andy! It is a joy to celebrate your life! You mean so much to so many people!!! To me, you are just the BEST! LOVE YOU!
6 comments:
HOW EXCITING! You sound like me. Growing up, I wanted to be a wife and mother. I enjoyed teaching, but I knew ultimately that God wanted me at home with my family. And I'm LOVING every minute of it. Things are definitely tight, but we wouldn't have it ANY other way. Yahoo!!!! Congrats!
And what great parents you will be -- congrats on the "promotion". It has been fun to follow along with you on your pregnancy!
I'm not sure how I found your blog but I want to encourage you as a SAHM! I quit my job (with GREAT hesitation) a year and a half ago when my first was born. Turns out to one of the best decisions I ever made. Now I'm already half way done on cooking the second :)
I have found that for me a total life saver is Mom's Groups. I even started one myself when I couldn't find enough to give me the social outlet I needed! Also- Bible Studies- they have them mid-day at many churches (I go to several at churches I don't even attend on Sundays).
I try to keep the house clean- but being a wife and mommy comes first- and they need a happy, rested mommy rather than a spotless house :)
Congrats on the promotion. Best job you'll ever have!
P.S. There are few things I respect more than a family that will sacrifice financially to be with their kids. you're already a great mom!
Ha, I almost titled a blog post "Promotion," too! I feel the same way. Loved my teaching job and felt fulfilled, but THIS is what I really want to do. So excited for you!
COngrats! I am so excited for you in this new job that you will be taking ;). It is something that I can't wait to put on my resume too!
Wonderful news. Being at home is worth every sacrifice you'll make. I can't imagine doing anything else right now!
Post a Comment