Part of where I was last week was working on the nursery! Mom came over and helped Andy and I adjust furniture arrangement, go through the closet, and organize the gifts that we've received at our first two showers. It's looking super cute! I'm not all the way done, so I'm just posting updated pictures, and will give you the full tour later!
I had mentioned before that Andy was building a toy chest/window seat for the room. While Mom and I were organizing, he was staining the top, and now we have a finished project!!! I love how gorgeous it is, and that it was hand crafted by Tucker's Daddy! This will be a special treasure for him as he plays in his room.
Tucker has received quite a few books, especially some old ones from when I was growing up!!! I love how neatly arranged everything is on here because I know that it won't take long for those to be pulled all over the floor! :D
Sitting on the top is Sparky, Andy's Pound Puppy from growing up! Also, the video monitor that Andy's dad got for us! We've already tried it out, and the picture is great! Andy even plugged it into the TV!!!! "Tucker TV 24/7!" :D j/k
I've got a few of my toys from growing up, and Jangles is on the bottom!
Next is the canvas I've been working on to hang above his crib. I finished it yesterday and I LOVE it!!! I'll post the finished project later after we hang it up. It's exactly what I wanted it to be! This is just mid project.
When we went back to visit this May, I got to see the tree, and Andy was so surprised by how big it had grown. So, they also sort of represent growth, and the mother/child relationship. I think it will be special to explain that to Tucker when he's older.
And, here it is all finished and with the furniture moved back.
I hope you enjoy this little peek! My dad is also making something to hang over the changing table, and I still need to hang curtains and all the pictures. I just love that it's almost done!!!
11 comments:
WOW!!! SOOOO impressive! Will Tucker EVER beable to appreciate the fabulous creativity of his mom and dad?...OR will he just assume..."Everyone's mom and dad are as awesome and talented as mine!?!"
It is so very beautiful for I know that what has been in your head for several years, has now made it to the wall of your first baby's nursery. What a blessing!
Also, as we told Joey today, your incredible husband, caved to the whims and wants of his bride and fashioned a most extaordinary window seat/toy storage area for Tucker's room. He pondered on just "buying" on while at Ikya, but his heart was won over by the desire of his wife to have him make this wonderful piece of furniture! Then...he made it in one day! It is fabulous of course!
Well, rest well my sweet Kel...you deserve a day of lounging and watching movies and eating...an oreo or 2! Again, beautiful and wonderful job! Painted with nothing but LOVE! God Bless, Love, mom oxoxoxoxoxo
Tucker's nursery looks so great! Nice work on the tree Kelly! We have one in Nora's room and I just love looking at it!
ooo! it is looking so fab...trendy casual?! can't wait to see it with my own eyes in just a short time. yes, that is right, i am inviting myself over so i can see it for reals! :) can't wait...maybe we can eat some ice cream or oreos while sitting in the nursery so that tucker can get used to yummy snacks in bed. ;) you've done such an amazing job, kelbel! (and andypandy too!)
The nursery is looking great! I love the tree!
It looks beautiful, Kelly! Tucker is one lucky guy!! xoxo :)
what an adorable nursery!
Amazing!!!
LOOOOVE the trees! It is really coming together, Kelly!
I read your blog through the Glamorous Housewife's link - I have to say, I think your nursery is your best artistic work yet...a collaborative family effort (including even...maybe especially...a grandmother your son will only know through his daddy's stories)to house a very cherished and eagerly awaited Tucker.
Praying for you and your family, Kelly - hope these cooler summer days are a balm to you and that precious extra weight you are carrying!
The nursery looks great. I love the tree and the window seat.
How CUTE! Those sweet little diapers will last approximately two days!
Post a Comment