Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day!!!!!
I realized as I was searching for photos of my dad and I, that Stev is usually the one behind the camera!!!! Stev is the nickname I gave him in high school, and it's stuck ever since!!! :D The fact that he's always the one behind the camera is actually quite a comment on his servant's heart, patience, and love for "his girls."
Dad is one of my favorite people. He has such a special tender heart, especially to have 3 girls, well 4, if you include Mom!!! The man is a saint for not just "putting up" with all of us, but being such a wonderful dad!!!! He has always done everything he could in order to provide for all of us. I have wonderful memories of playing with him on the living room floor, at the pool on the weekends, and him being at ALL of my school and extra curricular events!!!!... ALL. In his dress clothes. Right after work, or in the middle of work. He never missed a thing.
If you know Stev, you know that he will stop what he's doing at a drop of a hat to come and help you with whatever you need. Seeing as how he has all of us girls, I don't know how he gets anything done because we all seem to always need something! :D I am so thankful for his help. He is the person I call when I need a question answered "quick." I know I can count on him to hear out a situation, and give me great Godly advice and help right then.
I think Dad is just in 7th Heaven now that all of us have gotten married and are having boys!!!! I love watching Dad at family events because for once he's got people to go play sports with, fish with, or watch sports with!!!! He lights up when Stone is around, and I know he can't wait to meet Tucker!!!! All of his tender care of his girls has paid off after all these years with the gift of "sons!"
Dad, Happy Father's Day! Thank you so much for everything you have been to me! You are so funny, so much fun, and most of all have loved and protected me so well!!! Thank you for raising us with patience and love, and for being so gentle with us, yet teaching us new and great things!!!! As an adult, I love hanging out with you so much!!!! It is such a blessing to Andy and I when you and mom come over!
You are the BEST Dad in the world!!!! I love you!!!!!

And, Andy, don't think I haven't forgotten about you!!!! Congratulations on being a Daddy....in August! Just last night we had a conversation about the phrase, "our son." We are going to have a son!!!! I am so thrilled about this!!!!

I am so overjoyed that God has blessed me with the child that we created together! He is knitting him together in my womb, and every day I dream about what he will be like. Our son will be such a special mixture of the two of us, and I think he's going to be a pretty neat kiddo!
I hope that he has your compassionate heart, sensitive to those around him, hard working attitude, and adorable personality!!!! As I watch videos of you from your childhood, and hear stories about you from those who are closest, I can't help but laugh as I imagine Tucker's little personality being so similar to yours!!!!

I look forward to your "father/son" times where you will play with him, pray with him, and teach him to be a strong man of God.

Thank you for choosing me to go through this journey with you. Thank you for taking such good care of me during this pregnancy, and always, the first of your fatherly duties!!!! I know that Tucker will one day be a great husband because of how you will show him your love for me. I love you so much!!!! Happy Father's Day!!!!!

3 comments:

k_stin said...

Wow! This made me tear up! Your dad sounds a lot like my dad! And he had to "put up" with only girls, too!

Anonymous said...

Kel:
Thank you so much for your kind words. It has been a pleasure raising 3 great girls who love the Lord. You have all turned out to be great wifes, mothers and mothers to be. As you were growing up, I always wanted to be there to share in what you had a passion for and an interest in. I wanted to cheer you on in the wins and the losses, so you would not give up but keep on moving forward.
Thank you again for all the kind words and great pictures.
Love,
Stev

Erin said...

Sweet post, Kelly! :)